Another 30+ yr vet heads for the exit

Nolimitz

We had a great employee w/ 30+ years in head for the door.
He had 6 weeks vacation scheduled for all of June and half of July. Last fri. he just told the boss he was not returning after his vacation. Best of luck to ya Jack if you are out there.

DontThrowPackages

He had 6 weeks vacation scheduled for all of June and half of July. Last fri. he just told the boss he was not returning after his vacation. Best of luck to ya Jack if you are out there.
Happy hands is wringing his hands saying, "Good, Good. Soon they will all be out of the door".:hapydancsmil:

rod

Retired 22 years
Normally I wouldn't even suggest this but he should at least stay until the contract is settled. He could be screwing himself out of a larger pension ck. Nothing like retiring the middle of July when a couple weeks later could make a big difference------but then again I've heard of people doing stupider things.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Normally I wouldn't even suggest this but he should at least stay until the contract is settled. He could be screwing himself out of a larger pension ck. Nothing like retiring the middle of July when a couple weeks later could make a big difference------but then again I've heard of people doing stupider things.

Lol.

Wrong forum rod, we don't get any pensions at fedex.

DontThrowPackages

​that sures looks like the goal. Still I don't see how that expect to maintain any level of service with the new drivers coming in the door.
Have you heard the amount of lates this company has been hemorrhaging? At this point, it appears they're not concerned with service as they are about squeezing out anyone over the age of 25. Once Dra kicks in, theoretically, anyone with a pulse will be able to get in a truck and deliver.

hypo hanna

Have you heard the amount of lates this company has been hemorrhaging? At this point, it appears they're not concerned with service as they are about squeezing out anyone over the age of 25. Once Dra kicks in, theoretically, anyone with a pulse will be able to get in a truck and deliver.
Theoretically it should work but by most reports its been a failure. Will they be able to debug it? I don't know.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Theoretically it should work but by most reports its been a failure. Will they be able to debug it? I don't know.

So far it has been nothing short of a catastrophic failure.
And that's in the downtown areas where it shouldn't be that hard to route, they aren't anywhere close to putting in more difficult to map stations.
Late freight-can't run DRA.
Guns aren't working-cant run DRA
Too busy-cant run DRA.
Overtime for those making address corrections in the morning, and there still wrong most of the time.
New hires cracking up trucks because they are looking at their stupid DRA map!
I can go on for an hour but DRA has opened Pandora's box exposing all the problems and falsification that previously benefited Fedex's bottom line.
Employees have become very jaded.
I really don't know how they get it back in the box.

Goldilocks

​that sures looks like the goal. Still I don't see how that expect to maintain any level of service with the new drivers coming in the door.

I do believe that is the goal of the company. Get rid of the old timers, they are costing the company too much money.....Sad but True...

Goldilocks

If you are reading this, let me extend my gratitude of all your hard work and sacrifices that helped build this company. So sad that Memphis just does not give a crap about its old timers.....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I love how they are attempting to cut hours when service is in the toilet and you have couriers routinely bringing-back double digit DEX01's. I think the only way DRA will work is to hire more PT couriers to fill all the routes it creates, thereby negating any of the savings it is supposed to generate. DRA has been an abysmal failure, at least to this point.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Happy hands is wringing his hands saying, "Good, Good. Soon they will all be out of the door".:hapydancsmil:

This is the goal. Eventually Express will have a large workforce of housewives and 20-somethings delivering 7-8 stops per hour, totally negating the savings they got by getting rid of the 25 year courier who could do 15 SPH on the same route. Pickups? I'm laughing already.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This is the goal. Eventually Express will have a large workforce of housewives and 20-somethings delivering 7-8 stops per hour, totally negating the savings they got by getting rid of the 25 year courier who could do 15 SPH on the same route. Pickups? I'm laughing already.

And more vehicle accidents too.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Have you heard the amount of lates this company has been hemorrhaging? At this point, it appears they're not concerned with service as they are about squeezing out anyone over the age of 25. Once Dra kicks in, theoretically, anyone with a pulse will be able to get in a truck and deliver.[/Q

The threatening powerpad messages continue at my station. Today's message----starting now, anyone who has a late of any kind must write a statement saying why and will face a performance reminder.

Sounds to me as if the beatings will continue until the morale improves. Lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have you heard the amount of lates this company has been hemorrhaging? At this point, it appears they're not concerned with service as they are about squeezing out anyone over the age of 25. Once Dra kicks in, theoretically, anyone with a pulse will be able to get in a truck and deliver.[/Q

The threatening powerpad messages continue at my station. Today's message----starting now, anyone who has a late of any kind must write a statement saying why and will face a performance reminder.

Here's the statement: "Due to management incompetence and gross failure of leadership, I had late packages today". More kindergarten crap from the crapmasters.

DontThrowPackages

As long as Im on the clock, I'll write a book if they'd like.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Aircraft pointed straight down at Ground, throttles firewalled. It just gets better.

hypo hanna

And more vehicle accidents too.

DRA has already caused a shortage of vehicles at my location. We had two accidents last week putting one of the trucks in the shop. They are going to have to buy a lot more trucks or the fleet will consist of nothing but u-hauls.