Another Boot thread

SmithBarney

nearly 2lbs per boot, that's a hefty boot, also looks really warm, grippy I assume this is for somewhere snowy and cold, otherwise
it might be overkill. I got away with using my doc martens for a while in the winter, I had others, but none really stuck out as memorable.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
They look like a good boot, but I wouldn't buy shoes online. I still like to go to the shoe store & try them on.
Those boots are not waterproof either, just moisture wicking.
Also, I didn't see a description of how well they were insulated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wear Rocky's. They are a good boot---not the best on the market by any means---that do a good job of keeping my feet dry.

My personal price point on boots is $100. I have a hard time justifying spending more than that on any type of footwear.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is a Rocky's outlet store near here. Half the drivers get their boots there. I think Red Wings are better but more expensive and to me Rocky's are more comfortable.

Future

Victory Ride
:volleyball:Light weight and rubber around only way to go!I have tried them all only thing that matters is having rubber at least 1/4 at the base!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I use Chippewa boots. Made in theUSA. Which is all I care about. Around $100 BUCKS. A COW EACH FOOT. First pair of boots that last more than 2yrs

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Red Wings are better----I just have a hard time justifying the cost.
I got a pair of redwings for christmas a few years ago (I could never bring myself to spend that much on shoes). After six months of beating them in preload....they were shot. I'd rather go with a just as comfortable $40 pair from walmart that last me 3 months.

jaker

trolling
They look like a good boot, but I wouldn't buy shoes online. I still like to go to the shoe store & try them on.
Those boots are not waterproof either, just moisture wicking.
Also, I didn't see a description of how well they were insulated.
I saw them in a store where my son lives at and tried them on and they feel great are on the heavy side , but the store didnt have my size and there are only 2 stores that sell them in Cali and those stores are no where near me

So online is my only choice , I have tried many many different boots and I burn though them like nothing the same with alethic shoes

jaker

trolling
I got a pair of redwings for christmas a few years ago (I could never bring myself to spend that much on shoes). After six months of beating them in preload....they were shot. I'd rather go with a just as comfortable $40 pair from walmart that last me 3 months.
That is what I do now , I buy some cheap shoes get a good insole . But I am done buying shoes everytime I turn around so I am hoping to find a pair that I could get 6 months out of

jaker

trolling
I've resigned myself a few years ago to buying the same cheap pair 3 or 4 times a year...until walmart stops carrying them...lol
That why I am just tired , when I fine a good pair of cheap shoes all of sudden they don't care them anymore and the hunt begins for another pair

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I saw them in a store where my son lives at and tried them on and they feel great are on the heavy side , but the store didnt have my size and there are only 2 stores that sell them in Cali and those stores are no where near me

So online is my only choice , I have tried many many different boots and I burn though them like nothing the same with alethic shoes
Didn't think of that. Makes sense now.
I'm really bad with picking out boots. So picky, my wife won't go shoe shopping with me.

Marne Vet