Another downsizing - admins

UPSERNOJ

Another downsizing was just announced for admins in BD and Revenue Recovery. Just went through one a few months ago????

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

nunya321

Yes, I'm an admin & have same questions--been looking all over this site to find anyone else with same questions and am really surprised that there's been no info here as it's all the talk in my district...We got really vague corporate memo last week...today another one that's now posted to BD Memo site. Basically, "impacted" employee transition will begin May 18 to conclude by June 27th at latest. My district mgmt claims to know nothing more than I do...and actually, I think they may be just as in the dark. The memo came down at 4:26 today and didn't go to admins, rather to, "Domestic Middle Market Sales." I called to find out what it was about, but they claimed they'd only just received it as well and had NO direction on who it would impact--all, some, or what in our district. Really confusing. I get that UPS is protecting the machine that it is and needs to make cuts...it's just really disappointing that they're doing it in such a shady way. I've been w/UPS for over 10 yrs...I'm pretty disgusted at the whole, "we're most likely going to lay you off...well, maybe not YOU...well, yeah, maybe you.." attitude.

nunya321

Um...we're not management, fella...and yeah...it doesn't suprise me due to the economy...however, we're used to hearing about layoffs in operations with union employees & with our subsidiaries, this is a whole new ballgame.

Braveheart

That is how we how been treated at the bottom of the brown hill all along. It all roles down hill. UPS put the S in Shady.

UPSERNOJ

It is a real shame for everyone that is impacted regardless if they are union or non union. It is just not as common to hear about layoffs for the admin support in Sales.

I hear from the grapevine before I hear from Management. That is what is unfortunate. Very poor communication skills on behalf of UPS.

It is already in the "plan", no denying that. Just give us some credit and tell us what the situation is. Hate all the rumors and bs that circulates. I just like to hear it from the horses mouth.

Anyways...like Hoaxster said...It is what it is.....