Another FedEx-related news that won't get national coverage

TUT

Why would it? A rich person bought an expensive item. When is that a problem with our current economic makeup? If we were communist and everyone got the same thing... then I'd see it as "Wait a minute, what is going on here?". If you think this is unique to Fedex, well I'm sure you don't. If it's another sign of the rich having a lot and the middle class having less, that is being reported all the time, just in general terms and not company specific since most companies are doing this.

RTURNSONLY

Why would it? A rich person bought an expensive item. When is that a problem with our current economic makeup? If we were communist and everyone got the same thing... then I'd see it as "Wait a minute, what is going on here?". If you think this is unique to Fedex, well I'm sure you don't. If it's another sign of the rich having a lot and the middle class having less, that is being reported all the time, just in general terms and not company specific since most companies are doing this.
Never said it was unique to FedEx, did I??? It's just another example of Corporate greed, that's it...the richer getting richier...well, you know the rest.

TUT

Never said it was unique to FedEx, did I??? It's just another example of Corporate greed, that's it...the richer getting richier...well, you know the rest.

Your title implies that news media should cover it to uncover some atrocity that is going on at Fedex. But people like Rupert Murdoch, would say, "Why would I mention something like this, I approve of it!".

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
A CFO buying a $6.8M mansion is national news?
Well ain't that special? Now I know where the March (and probably October) raise, IPP, BPP, shift-differential, doubles, purple promise, pension and soon to be "that $800 credit for my family insurance" went ... (did I miss anything). *smirk*

Guess I'll keep playing the lottery pool at work. I need to move to Jersey, because they are "red hot", when it comes to a winning ticket.

vantexan

Well ain't that special? Now I know where the March (and probably October) raise, IPP, BPP, shift-differential, doubles, purple promise, pension and soon to be "that $800 credit for my family insurance" went ... (did I miss anything). *smirk*

Guess I'll keep playing the lottery pool at work. I need to move to Jersey, because they are "red hot", when it comes to a winning ticket.

If a Hollywood actor bought it would you say the same? Think about that next time you pay $65 for your family to go to the movies with snacks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If a Hollywood actor bought it would you say the same? Think about that next time you pay $65 for your family to go to the movies with snacks.

Is that because Hollywood actors are all liberals, van? Mr. Graf(t) is representative of exactly what is wrong at FedEx and most other corporations...over-rewarding those at the top.

vantexan

Is that because Hollywood actors are all liberals, van? Mr. Graf(t) is representative of exactly what is wrong at FedEx and most other corporations...over-rewarding those at the top.

What I'm saying is the elite in this culture make ridiculous sums of money whether it's business, entertainment, or sports. Do the liberal rich get a free pass because they say all the right things?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What I'm saying is the elite in this culture make ridiculous sums of money whether it's business, entertainment, or sports. Do the liberal rich get a free pass because they say all the right things?

What we should care about is the elite at FedEx. Mr.Graf and all the rest of them seem to be doing just fine, even though they can't afford to pay us more and are jacking-up our insurance rates and providing crap coverage. Most of our elite could buy their own doctor and maybe even a personal hospital.

vantexan

What we should care about is the elite at FedEx. Mr.Graf and all the rest of them seem to be doing just fine, even though they can't afford to pay us more and are jacking-up our insurance rates and providing crap coverage. Most of our elite could buy their own doctor and maybe even a personal hospital.

Just what I thought, say the right things, get a free pass.

vantexan

You tried a comparison with Hollywood elite, who are a tiny number of individuals compared to corporate CEOs and officers. Good effort.

The entertainment industry is huge and their influence on our culture is tremendous. The number of corporate officers of major corporations isn't that large a number either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The entertainment industry is huge and their influence on our culture is tremendous. The number of corporate officers of major corporations isn't that large a number either.

You're still mad that Trump dropped out of the Republican primary, aren't you? The entertainment industry is tiny compared to Corporate America.