Another Ground Driver Stellar Decision?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The defense is going to maintain that the blame lays squarely with the FedEx courier for leaving the key in the ignition.... I mean what recourse did the kid have after seeing that???

DontThrowPackages

" No. See what happen was he came up to me with his hand in his jacket and had something pointing at me. It looked like a guns so I gave him the keys and I went into to get some corn nuts."

CJinx

Leaving the keys in the ignition at a fueling station is a dumb thing to do but ultimately the decision to commit grand theft auto was made by the offender.

CharleyHustle

Leaving the keys in the ignition at a fueling station is a dumb thing to do but ultimately the decision to commit grand theft auto was made by the offender.

Most likely the truck was still running also. A good lawyer will get him off because they charged him with the wrong crime, I've never seen a FedEx Ground truck that anybody in their right mind would say is worth 25 grand.

"Ownby made his first court appearance in Johnson County court. He was charged with one count of theft of a delivery truck valued between $25,000 and $100,000,"

bbsam

Staff member
Most likely the truck was still running also. A good lawyer will get him off because they charged him with the wrong crime, I've never seen a FedEx Ground truck that anybody in their right mind would say is worth 25 grand.

"Ownby made his first court appearance in Johnson County court. He was charged with one count of theft of a delivery truck valued between $25,000 and $100,000,"
considering the freight on board...

CharleyHustle

considering the freight on board...

"Court documents said that officers recovered boxes with FedEx logos on them in a shed behind the family home, in the basement, in a playhouse in the backyard and behind the shed of a neighbor's home."

Sounds like his peeps got the freight, they'll be well stocked in paper towels, toilet paper and depends.

CJinx

I think it's amazing that the theft of a motor vehicle as well as it's cargo is being defended because the offense was committed against a Ground driver.

yadig

I know that a lot of ground truck drivers and looking for a better deal. They just can't with the arrest record and DUI's. I love the ones with the jogging pants and flip flops getting fuel at the pilot. Im confused when my manager tells me to take my yankees beanie off because of uniform standards. Im wondering does the customer know the difference?

dezguy

I know that a lot of ground truck drivers and looking for a better deal. They just can't with the arrest record and DUI's. I love the ones with the jogging pants and flip flops getting fuel at the pilot. Im confused when my manager tells me to take my yankees beanie off because of uniform standards. Im wondering does the customer know the difference?

With the new uni's, which don't have the orange or green Ex on the shirt, no.