Another Long Term Effects From The Lockdowns: Chronic Student Absenteeism

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You have to dig deep into the story to find the real reason schools are troubled by the kids not getting an education, it's not the kids, it's their paychecks.

The superintendent is also acutely aware of the potential fiscal impact of missed days. California is one of a small number of states that still links K-12 school funding to daily student attendance rather than enrollment, a policy that is meant to hold schools accountable for chronic absenteeism.

rickyb

Wally

wally now that were close to a million deaths in america from covid (3000 only died from terrorism in its worst year), i want you to post which states had the most cases per capita and most deaths per capita
Don't know, don't care. It has zero to do with kids not being in school.

Wally

Many workers now feel it's their God given right to work from home!

Labor unions are beginning to take notice. In Seattle, hundreds of public employees who have been working from home since the coronavirus outbreak in 2020 recoiled at the mayor’s return-to-the-office policy, forcing the city to bargain with union representatives on telework policies

vantexan

Imagine being an office manager who has never met his staff.
What a strange world that would be.
My wife and stepdaughter have worked from home since 2020 for a call center. Their company has continued to keep most of their workers at home because it's saving them serious money on office rentals. They went from three floors down to one.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Chuckold Todd and his gaggle of sycophants on Meet the Depressed last Sunday had the gall to talk about the irreparable harm Desantis was doing to students by letting Veterans be teachers in Florida without a teaching degree. Something about unqualified nationalists indoctrinating kids. Lol.

I'm sitting there thinking...
Are they gas lighting or do they just completely lack self awarenes? They've done immense harm to an entire generation of kids by keeping them out of school and masking them.

These people should be put up against a wall....