Another One Bites The Dust......

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We complain about over dispatching. When will that be cured?

You may have more stops, but not more volume...last year you spent 10 minutes at Bob's hair care emporium & car wash
making a delivery of 10pcs however this year you only deliver 4pcs, why are you still there for 10 minutes making a delivery??

Most cannot afford to come home early, so they milk it for the overtime, so they are given a reason to stay out...

Its a proven theory, used thousands of times daily.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
i have to agree with UPS on this one. 50 misloads in a month? you aren't suited for preloading. why fight for a job you obviously hate and aren't any good at?
um,, hell ya,, dude 50 in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we drivers have to compensate for loaders lack of ability, the drivers whose cars you loaded are celebrating

UPSGUY72

I was fired because they said this job wasnt for me. I was not fired for stealing, dishonesty, nor violence. I have had over 50 misloads. It really doesnt help when your PT sup is in your car auditing and you cant get into it and load so you have to stack. Then at the end of the sort it is WW3 trying to get everything back into the right car. Im sure you can imagine. I didnt obtain seniority yet. does that change anything about getting my job back?

Over 50 misloads ??? You have got to be kidding. Stacking out should help you get the right package in the right car your looking at the label twice or three times. You didn't make your 30 days you not getting your job back. Go look for another job.

Sorry for not clarifying this but at the end of the sort somedays I would be bumped or someone else would finish my job. I'm sure I obtained some misloads that way. All I asked was if I can get my dues and initiation fees back. I don't want my job back. What is done is done. As for drivers making ridiculous statements. Sorry. I'm sure all the loaders in your center are perfect as well as your management. Sorry for not meeting the expectations within a month.
More power to you.
Don't let the man get you down.

klein

Für Meno :)
And as far as 50 misloads in a month. I have seeb and heard worse in my building

If it makes you feel better, I had more then 50 misloads in my truck per week or atleast every 2weeks, alone.
Thats the reason most of us drivers showed up 30-45 min earlier (off the clock), to sort out all the misloads, before we went out.
You would still have a job here.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Sorry for not clarifying this but at the end of the sort somedays I would be bumped or someone else would finish my job. I'm sure I obtained some misloads that way. All I asked was if I can get my dues and initiation fees back. I don't want my job back. What is done is done. As for drivers making ridiculous statements. Sorry. I'm sure all the loaders in your center are perfect as well as your management. Sorry for not meeting the expectations within a month.
More power to you.
Don't let the man get you down.
I'm sorry to hear you're giving up, but the company does go through an awful lot of people.
Anyway, in my opinion, you should get the initiation fee back (or at least whatever you paid towards it), as you were let go before making seniority.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
i have to agree with UPS on this one. 50 misloads in a month? you aren't suited for preloading. why fight for a job you obviously hate and aren't any good at?

Thats a problem here at UPS. You cant fire people over performance issues. Or else they would've fired all the drivers, majority of sort and almost all preloaders with 10 or more each week. Theres nothing in the contract about performance, thus, you were fired wrongfully.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When we are short-staffed and stuck with sups working, our dispatcher has been known to misload 20-30 stops per car. If the drivers see him loading, they scour their cars before leaving building. It can be quite comical to watch these guys tossing packages back onto belt with all the smart comments they can think up. If they can't handle the job, how the hell can they expect anyone else to?

menotyou

bella amicizia
BTW, our preload sup REFUSES to load when we are in the predicament(that they created). She tried once during peak. After about 15 minutes, she was calling the center manager at home(1:30am). He must have told her he wasn't coming in, because she went back to area all red faced. After that, I learned a new style of loading. Over the head with a one hand throw into the pile behind you. Three trucks is all she had. That pile was huge!!! I never failed at any opportunity to remind her of that day!