Another software update??

BUCN85

So we were told that there has been another update to our system. Now if you hit ANY key while engine is on you get it with a record while idle. And then if the wheels are in motion you get hit with a record in travel. It seems we get updates for things to discipline us for rather then anything useful like one person said an icon for overweights would be helpful.

BUCN85

So record in idle not a real big deal. I used to always catch myself looking at the board at a stop light. Bad habit. Sometimes I just like to triple check where I am supposed to be next

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
So record in idle not a real big deal. I used to always catch myself looking at the board at a stop light. Bad habit. Sometimes I just like to triple check where I am supposed to be next

Not yet. Just be sure its in park. I would stop a red lights habit.

NXA

A senior driver told me a couple years ago that to avoid rec while idling, we need to both have the truck cut off and the seatbelt popped. So that's how I've done it since. Is rhat true?

Cementups

Box Monkey
A senior driver told me a couple years ago that to avoid rec while idling, we need to both have the truck cut off and the seatbelt popped. So that's how I've done it since. Is rhat true?

If you are actually sheeting a package or stop completing a pickup, this is true. You can not perform actions while truck running and/or seatbelt on. Even if you have a pickup that puts out a sign for you, you can't pull up and grab the board and hit stop complete. You have to turn the truck off and unbuckle then open stop and hit SC. Otherwise it shows up as a recording while idle/travel.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I tested this supposed upgrade awhile ago. No one has mentioned any report about diad in travel usage. Unless they are hiding it, which I highly doubt.

NXA

If you are actually sheeting a package or stop completing a pickup, this is true. You can not perform actions while truck running and/or seatbelt on. Even if you have a pickup that puts out a sign for you, you can't pull up and grab the board and hit stop complete. You have to turn the truck off and unbuckle then open stop and hit SC. Otherwise it shows up as a recording while idle/travel.
That was my understanding. Now I'll have to experiment.

Brown Matrix

He Starting To Belive
It only comes up when your division manager get a red flag from the insurance provider. DODO runs down hill.Your center manager has enough on his plate just trying to get the packages off. Do what they suggest to the best of your ability to be safe. I'm sure if your check your accident report for your region there was an accident that the driver was recording while in motion. Every time UPS looses a buck they put the blame on the service provider. We had a driver rear ended by a lady she said she dint see the truck next thing we had to turn on running light as they checked each truck as it left the building and at the third intersection leaving the building :soapbox:.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It only comes up when your division manager get a red flag from the insurance provider. DODO runs down hill.Your center manager has enough on his plate just trying to get the packages off. Do what they suggest to the best of your ability to be safe. I'm sure if your check your accident report for your region there was an accident that the driver was recording while in motion. Every time UPS looses a buck they put the blame on the service provider. We had a driver rear ended by a lady she said she dint see the truck next thing we had to turn on running light as they checked each truck as it left the building and at the third intersection leaving the building :soapbox:.

Welcome back upsguy72!!!!
Hey pal! I've missed you around here lately! How's the management gig treating you? It seems like things are really improving for you! NICE

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As long as you shut the PC off and do not start it again for at least 9 seconds you will not be hit with a RWI/RWT.

You don't have to take your seat belt during that time.