Any Bikers out there?

Upslady20

I ride a mojito aprillia scooter back and forth to work and for errands.. Not a motorcyle but it does just fine.. gets 70 miles to the gallon my dodge mega cab sits in the garage..

DS

Fenderbender
Just curious, we are at $4/gal here in the States--what is your average over there, with the conversion to gallons and dollars, please.
Our dollar (Canada)is about par give or take a cent...
today it was $1.24 a litre...that works out to about $4.55 cents a gallon

sx2700

Banned
I am between bikes at the moment although I have a sick feeling I will be buying one soon.

I still miss the bike I had to sell in order to make the down payment on my first house...it was a 1979 Honda CBX, very rare, collectors item. It had a 24 valve inline 6 cylinder. Went like a raped ape when you gave it some throttle.

I sold a CBX back in 1991 for $1000. I about puke when I see what they are selling for on Ebay these days.

Panther 42

For my 12th year safe driving award I chose a 10 speed bike, first time I rode it the foot pedals fell off.Nice recognition for 12yrs. safe driving

sx2700

Banned
For my 12th year safe driving award I chose a 10 speed bike, first time I rode it the foot pedals fell off.Nice recognition for 12yrs. safe driving

Just be glad they keep your 30 year old package car running. When they start importing those from China then we'll really be in trouble.

diesel96

Me :punk: and my biker bitch :hawaii_girl: tool around on my 02' "Fatty", chromed and accessorized head to toe and finished off with Kuryakan lizard lights that really ascentuate the motor, wheels and the overall classic lines of this beauty. (IMO of course) lol. Due to my logistics our favorite rides are lunch or dinner cruises on A1A on the Ocean, US 1 over the 7 mile bridge to Key West, across Aligator Alley to Ft Myers/Sannibel, or up on US 27/441 around Lake Ockeechobee, and an occasional migration to Daytona USA.
I can relate as far as the summer heat and traffic, as you know Harley's are air cooled engines so when in slow traffic or parade speed my oil temp starts pushing 250' degrees.
A few years ago we had to lobby UPS mngmt real hard to have three parking spaces up front designated as "motorcycle parking only". And on a guaranteed blue sky "changer of commerce" day we'd have up to a dozen bikes basking in the sun waiting for us to get off work to pound the pavement once again and help us forget the stress our workday provided for us, and get home with a clean slate. Ride Safe everybody.:scooter:

barnyard

KTM rider
I commute on a Buell Ulysses. Next year, my wife and I are planning a 1 week riding vacation.

My daughter and I ride off road events on KTMs. Me a 250exc, her a 200xcw. I am thinking about getting a Husky TE610 and doing the dual sport thing also. That might wait a bit, though as I would like to get a newer 250.

I love ripping it up in the woods.

TB

CBUK

>Just curious, we are at $4/gal here in the States--what is your average over there, with the conversion to gallons and dollars, please.

======================================================

Don't ask me about conversions because I have no idea.

We buy in Litres now ever since we joined the EU. Damn the metric system,(Royale with cheese and all that).

Its currently £1.15 a litre. The price fluctuates in different parts of the country. It has been as high as £1.20. That is for petrol. What do you call that? Premium?

Diesel, which is what UPS runs its fleet with is at £1.32 a litre on the street. I expect we get a discount for buying bulk from the suppliers.

Can anyone with knowledge of conversions shed any light on that. Theres a few litres in a gallon. I know that much.:happy2:

david cassin

dublinbrown
i know they had a deal with staoil about 2-3 years back where they were getting diesel for 0.40 cent a litre.even when it was 0.70-0.80 cent on the forecourt.
the price of the barrell of oil seems to be coming down,and about time too
lets hope someone would invent a car/truck /plane that could run on water.....then our cousins in the middle east wouldn't have the grip they have..

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liter

1 U.S. dollar = 0.646705038 Euros

I'm no math wiz so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

At 1.15 a litre my calculations would make it UK£ 4.40 or 8.59936 U.S. dollars per gallon.

mountaingoat

Sold my Ninja 600 14 years ago to pay for my wedding. Truth is, it was my decision since I didn't feel like going into debt to pay for a 4-hour event. All these years later, we've remained debt-free. Now I ride a Merlin set up with Dura-Ace and Campagnolo. Trouble is, the motor has < 1hp.

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
I ride as long as it isn't raining or below 60. I have a 1979 Honda CB400 TII. I can think of 3 others at my center that ride also, a guy with a combo job who has a XR650L, a lady driver who has a Sportster 883, and my dad who has a Suzuki Boulevard S50.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Drove my Kaw Nomad to work yesterday and biked to my cabin after work. It was 55 degrees when I got up this morning and decided I would take the long way home. Usually a 2 1/2 hour ride of 150 miles. I wound up going 357 miles in 4 states. Left my cabin outside Murphy NC and went up through the Dragon's tail (major twisties) back through Chattanooga, TN down through FT. Payne AL and home to Douglasville, GA. Got my fix for a couple of weeks, that's fer shur.

PhatAzz

Drove my Kaw Nomad to work yesterday and biked to my cabin after work. It was 55 degrees when I got up this morning and decided I would take the long way home. Usually a 2 1/2 hour ride of 150 miles. I wound up going 357 miles in 4 states. Left my cabin outside Murphy NC and went up through the Dragon's tail (major twisties) back through Chattanooga, TN down through FT. Payne AL and home to Douglasville, GA. Got my fix for a couple of weeks, that's fer shur.

Wow ! We probably passed somewhere along the way. Left Chatt to Cleveland to Murphy to Hayesville, Franklin, Highlands, Cashiers, Sylva, Dillsboro, Fontana, through the gap and out the north end to Hwy 411 and back home for 370 miles. My :censored2: is sore today. Had to move the youngest to Knoxville (UT) today.

haydendavid380

is property of UPS

I was down in that area a couple years ago. We were staying in a cabin in Gatlinburg, and I went on a run to a gas station to get some soda, and by the time I found one I was in the Carolinas. It's a really pretty area in there.