Any Bikers out there?

diesel96

We went to the Mpls motorcycle show yesterday. Saw tons of cool cycles.

I am thinking that a dual sport is in my future (like a husaberg 570 or KTM 530 exc or something like that). My wife though, really wants a geezer glide. I am hesitant, I don't have an AARP card yet and harley riders are always scowling. I am not sure that I want a bike that makes me that angry.....

TB

Not sure how you can categorize an entire population of Harley Riders as scowling unless they're dorning a leather vest with club patches. There are more Harley riders without club associations than with. Not to mention, when it comes to raising money for charities like Toy Runs for under previledged kids or a fallen Police officer's family, Harley riders are the first ones to step up to the plate angry or not.

Next bike is a custom made chopper for tooling around the beach if I have any money leftover in my 401k.....:wink2:

We took my new HD for a ride today. SWEEEEEEEEEET! I really like it.

Ain't nothing better Dilli than riding on two wheels.....enjoy

The Busa is the best bike I've ever owned, it handles great for its size (as it's the biggest of the sport bikes), its very comfortable without being in a crouched position (I have bar risers and have lowered the pegs) and its super smooth when riding distances. It also has huge amounts of torque so you don't have to downshift to scoot away or ride in town at almost any speed. one.

I've ridden my friend's Busa several times deck out with a Avon 300mm tire and a custom made swing arm....(kind of ridiculus and senseless if you ask me) problem is, fun to drive on straight-a-ways, it's the cornering that was iffy...but it got peoples attention..

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
Not sure how you can categorize an entire population of Harley Riders as scowling unless they're dorning a leather vest with club patches. There are more Harley riders without club associations than with. Not to mention, when it comes to raising money for charities like Toy Runs for under previledged kids or a fallen Police officer's family, Harley riders are the first ones to step up to the plate angry or not.

I always thought my dad was angry because of over 9/5's not because he rides a Harley

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
Hey, HD, I noticed that you avatar says DAV3totes. That sounds like a cool Indian name, Dave 3 Totes or maybe your mob nick name, Davey Tree Totes.:wink2: Now I really have too much time on my hands.:dissapointed:

I am part Cherokee :wink2:

I figured other centers used them but mabey not...

It's load chart, we have them on all of the backs of our package cars to identify the route id (The big DAV) the driver's last name (David, lower left corner) and how many totes that route needs (lower right corner)

They really help cut down on misloads :happy2:

barnyard

KTM rider
Not sure how you can categorize an entire population of Harley Riders as scowling unless they're dorning a leather vest with club patches.

The scowling had nothing to do with club affiliation, more of personal observation. Regardless of how much good HD or cruiser riders do, they pretty much all look like they got a big stick up their butt.

I really, really love to ride and do not understand how people can ride something that makes them scowl....

TB

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am part Cherokee :wink2:

I figured other centers used them but mabey not...

It's load chart, we have them on all of the backs of our package cars to identify the route id (The big DAV) the driver's last name (David, lower left corner) and how many totes that route needs (lower right corner)

They really help cut down on misloads :happy2:

We're 50/50 on the route name/numbers. No tote information, or any other for that matter. Wouldn't it be great if all the different sort supervisor's shared info?

diesel96

I always thought my dad was angry because of over 9/5's not because he rides a Harley

Angry and tired of 9 five days, I feel his pain. I bet when he rides his motorcycle home from work, UPS is the last thing on his mind...it's actually good therapy by the time he gets home....:scooter:

The scowling had nothing to do with club affiliation, more of personal observation. Regardless of how much good HD or cruiser riders do, they pretty much all look like they got a big stick up their butt.

I really, really love to ride and do not understand how people can ride something that makes them scowl....

TB

I don't know what to tell ya, maybe it's your logistics, maybe a mis-interpeted facial attitude, maybe you need a new pair of rose colored sunglasses to change your personal observations. Whatever, it's not important.
It would also help if a certain faction of motorcyclists wouldn't recklessly ignore traffic laws on busy roads and highways and give ALL motorcyclist a bad name.

Simple they turn sharper, stop faster, and accelerate faster than any other bike made.

Yes, they are more nimble and quick, but the obsessive compulsion is tested via temptation, maturity, experience, and availibility of opening up that throttle to an almost unlimited redline leaving yourself susceptible to other bad drivers along the edge of your driving path. It's the driver that makes the bike safe (and also a pre-trip).

Sport bikes made up less than 10 percent of registered motorcycles but accounted for over 25 percent of rider deaths.

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2007/09/motorcycle-deat.html

Last edited:

upser0725

well i am new at this , just signed up today.
yes i am a biker, 98 goldwing trike.

i belong to the BKNJIII, police bike club.

has anyone ever been on one of our runs?

rod

Retired 22 years

TB

Being that you live in Minnesota they might just be trying to keep from swallowing a mouth full of misquitos:wink2:

well i am new at this , just signed up today.
yes i am a biker, 98 goldwing trike.

i belong to the BKNJIII, police bike club.

has anyone ever been on one of our runs?
Welcome to our little play house. Enjoy you time here.

I've always thought those trikes were cool looking. When I was a kid, I wanted one of those Cop trikes the city used.

bluehdmc

3 bikes here, 1 Harley Road King, 1 Harley Ultra-classic with a sidecar, and a BMW R1200. Get's kinda crowded in a 1 car garage. I'll have to put some pictures of them in my profile. Can't wait till spring myself. Have vacation in May, planning a trip towards the south. I've done the blueridge parkway, Deal's Gap, Cherahola Skyway. Stayed in Eastern TN a few years ago, great roads there. Anybody got any suggestions for Al, and Miss?

I do have a question though. How many bikers are members of the American motorcyclist Association?
Life member here myself. They do an awful lot for the riding community.