Any car detailers here ?

TTLS1

with all the negative :censored2: in the world, I figured id make a post showing a car I picked up out of an insurance auction(CoPart). pretty happy with how it turned out. its got a salvage title now but I don't care. car is a 2016 fusion titanium with 42K miles on the clock.

Attachments

• IMG_3665.jpg
    IMG_3665.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3664.jpg
    IMG_3664.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3668.jpg
    IMG_3668.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3742.jpg
    IMG_3742.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3743.JPG
    IMG_3743.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3871.jpg
    IMG_3871.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 91

TTLS1

after a lot of work with a buffer, and time this was the end result.

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3876.jpg
    IMG_3876.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3860.jpg
    IMG_3860.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3861.jpg
    IMG_3861.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3850.jpg
    IMG_3850.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 92

rod

Retired 22 years
I know nothing about salvage titles. Is it hard to sell a car with one? Can you get that designation taken off? Nice job by the way.

TTLS1

I know nothing about salvage titles. Is it hard to sell a car with one? Can you get that designation taken off? Nice job by the way.

If I wanted to pull some super shady :censored2: and transfer the cars title around to multiple states it could eventually become a washed title and would show clear, but if you pull a car fax it will always show it was at one time a salvage titled car. It can make it harder to sell, but to me im not scared of a salvage title car if the work has been done right id still buy one. I have pictures of all the damage and replaced parts to show how badly it was hit etc. the biggest problem with a salvage car IMO is you lose warranty coverage(if the car still had some of the manufacturers warranty left). by law though manufacturers still have to cover warranty of safety items regardless of salvage or clear title. Being a mechanic for a living and a car enthusiast i wasnt scared to buy the car and it be salvage. I will probably do a few more as i go along it was a fun experience and the car with a clear title still books for 15K, i figure salvage its still worth a fair amount of that. From what i can tell with the car it had a blow out, wiped out the fender, doors and some scuffing on the quarter panel, the person didnt bother fixing it and the bank took it back, once the bank took it back they just wrote it off and sent it to auction as a salvage.

trickpony1

its got a salvage title now but I don't care.

Does a salvage tag cause problems later like:
- ability to insure vehicle?
- insurance more costly?
- ability to pass any state mandated inspection?
- ability to sell it? or
- any other concerns?

I'm not trolling but need this info from a knowledgeable source. Thanks.

- insurance more costly?
- ability to sell it? or
- any other concerns?

No problem with insurance
But good luck trying to sell it when you are done with it.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
You cleaned her up good.

If you are keeping it for you, title doesn't really matter.

I bought a salvaged 2005 Tahoe Z71 which only had rear quarter damage.

Only use it for plowing the driveway, but runs like a champ.

oldngray

nowhere special
Salvage is OK if you know the history and pay what its really worth. Not like when some dealers try to hide it and sell for more.

TTLS1

- insurance more costly?
- ability to sell it? or
- any other concerns?

insurance was no problem and its pretty cheap, ability to pass state mandated inspections(I'm in Indiana we don't have any) I cant see it being a problem. the vin had a police inspection, I had to supply them with the donor parts list and vin numbers from those vehicles also. so in the states eyes I believe the car is considered rebuilt and road worthy. I would never buy a salvage car with frame damage, I'm not equipped to straighten frames. ability to sell it all depends on the buyer honestly. personally I'm not scared of a rebuilt/salvage car as long as I can see how badly it was damaged. I accept that the car no longer has a warranty etc. with a salvage it is worth less but I have 8500 in this car after buying it, going to get it, replacing the parts, and paying to have a few parts painted. I couldn't buy a clean title one with equal miles for less than 16K so I feel I did pretty good. I have no intention of selling the car but I don't foresee selling it being a problem if I had to sell it and still pocketing a couple grand.

TTLS1

You cleaned her up good.

Only use it for plowing the driveway, but runs like a champ.

fully plan to keep it, its my commuter car, its nice, and its safe i dont mind hauling my kids around in it.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
You cleaned her up good.

Only use it for plowing the driveway, but runs like a cha

Great little plow truck with that short wheelbase

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Salvage is OK if you know the history and pay what its really worth. Not like when some dealers try to hide it and sell for more.

This is the truth. You can find some good older gems out there. A car that was 35000 in 2005 could be worth 5000 now and a minor accident or something like a cracked rotor can cause it to get a salvage title.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Salvage title means the car was a total wreck. (Totalled by the insurance company) If the frame is bent I wouldn't bother, but someone good with bodywork might fix a high prices vehicle with extensive damaged panels.

oldngray

nowhere special
Salvage title means the car was a total wreck. (Totalled by the insurance company) If the frame is bent I wouldn't bother, but someone good with bodywork might fix a high prices vehicle with extensive damaged panels.
A lot of salvage are flood cars which can never be reliably fixed