Any Clues: New Equipment at Stations..(rumor mill proceed)

SmithBarney

So a new stack of computer equipment has shown up at a station.
Most of you who have seen these, they usually have a note that says "hold for Tech"

This set has a new message:

"Hold for Tech, NOT FOR EXPRESS USE"

So let the wondering/rumoring begin, so what could they be used for?(the station is only an Express station now)

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

It's probably for the newest addition to the alphabet soup called AHEAD...something to do with extra hours. We have 4 new terminals, that we can't even use, for this.

SmithBarney

You don't need new computers for ahead it can be accessed from any computer with intranet access.
AHEAD is basically a way to sign up for more hours, automatically will put you in the for more work
less chance of being skipped via favoritism with the current paper system.

SmithBarney

nope we have new ppads for over a year, small station no dispatch, really no room for extra staff..
Interesting side note, I've mentioned it before but the new dropbox logos(they've been out for awhile)
the "express" portion is now a separate sticker ie easily removed or replaced(also the NO GROUND accepted sticker is now separate as well)
I just noticed today that the large FEDEX logo on our building was changed, and now it only says FedEx (it used to say "express")
So is the fall surprise a re-branding of Express, or are we just going to get locked out one day, and new "contractors" will
buy routes from Express? I don't know about you, but to keep it legal "express" will say something like, "this is the new owner of the
station, he'd like to hire you at $peanuts.00" if you decline he has someone who is willing to work instead.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually, they are Hypno Ray Guns (HRG) that management will point at you to improve your attitude. Ever since Kool-Aid consumption tanked, they have been desperate for employee obedience and compliance. They have to lock the beam on you for at least 30 seconds for it to work, so look away or think how it would feel to strangle MT3 with your bare hands. Anger causes their effect to be disrupted.

You're welcome.

FedEx2000

Almost all computer equipment gets shipped to the stations this way b/c the tech has to set it up. My guess: They are the new HP grid terminals. Do you still have the old white ones? New ones are black/vertical design with front USB ports and new 19" monitors.

GoodGrief

Actually, they are Hypno Ray Guns (HRG) that management will point at you to improve your attitude. Ever since Kool-Aid consumption tanked, they have been desperate for employee obedience and compliance. They have to lock the beam on you for at least 30 seconds for it to work, so look away or think how it would feel to strangle MT3 with your bare hands. Anger causes their effect to be disrupted.

You're welcome.

You really need some anger management classes.

SmithBarney

Almost all computer equipment gets shipped to the stations this way b/c the tech has to set it up. My guess: They are the new HP grid terminals. Do you still have the old white ones? New ones are black/vertical design with front USB ports and new 19" monitors.

Love all the ideas, Grid have been gone for a while, we have regular desktops for grid access. This stack just seems to be one computer(display, and perifs)