Any facilities closed for city-wide curfews?

wilberforce15

Our mayor closed everything except hospitals, and disallowed all traffic except emergency personnel and utilities.

The curfew orders are quite clear on the people approved to be out after 8pm, and UPS hub workers are very clearly not on the list.

Hub management hasn't said a word.

Anybody else dealing with that drama? UPS is going to tell people to come in, because that's how the company rolls. But it's also up to a $1000 fine for violating the curfew.

The order says one thing. Management says another.

Am I covered if I point to the order and don't go?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Management gave any employees a letter that had to drive through Minneapolis during the riots/protests with a 8 pm curfew. My suggestion is to hand the officer your phone with Management telling them why your out so late breaking curfew. UPS don't give a :censored2: about curfew or what issues you may face, if you can't make it home by 8 either dont come in or roll the dice your choice.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Everyone being put under house arrest because the police and politicians are too chicken-:censored2: to deal with the actual lawbreakers. Sad :(

do-you-want-a-police-state-because-this-is-how-you-get-a-police-state.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Our mayor closed everything except hospitals, and disallowed all traffic except emergency personnel and utilities.

The curfew orders are quite clear on the people approved to be out after 8pm, and UPS hub workers are very clearly not on the list.

Anybody else dealing with that drama? UPS is going to tell people to come in, because that's how the company rolls. But it's also up to a $1000 fine for violating the curfew.

Make sure to vote for someone who doesn't want to trash your rights in the next election. JS.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Here's an idea, get everyone in your building to set up tents in the parking lot. Get it all over social media. When management tells you to leave, call the cops and tell them your employer is trying to force you to break curfew. Have UPS and the city hash it out.

El Correcto

god is dead
Lol you guys are funny. Listen young bloods, UPS don't close for :censored2:.
Not 10 feet of snow
Not hurricane
Not earthquake
Not COVID19
Not for George
Not for :censored2:

So go the :censored2: to work.
My hub had 2 snow days. Was a pretty exceptional blizzard the cities weren’t ready to hand and either was UPS

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

What City?

All the curfew orders I have seen, even the most stringent, still allow travel to and from work.