Any Ground contractors switched to Amazon yet?

bacha29

Out here in the rural areas Amazon Delivery Service is no where to be seen. I don't expect to see them here for at least 3-4 years.

Purplepackage

Out here in the rural areas Amazon Delivery Service is no where to be seen. I don't expect to see them here for at least 3-4 years.

I would think longer than 3 years, Amazon will have to figure out how to make profit from servicing rural areas, something ups and Fedex are still trying to figure out. Though ground is different express and ups are still paying someone to go run 70 stops for 9-10 hours of their day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think longer than 3 years, Amazon will have to figure out how to make profit from servicing rural areas, something ups and Fedex are still trying to figure out. Though ground is different express and ups are still paying someone to go run 70 stops for 9-10 hours of their day

You may never see them in the rural areas.

whenIgetthere

Rural areas will never be profitable, IMO. The volume in other areas makes up for the loss on the express side.

bacha29

UPS has been trying to shed the boonie boxes for years.
For a number of years at the UPS barn across the road from us any time they had a trip out to BF Egypt they would park a truck wait days until they had filled it up with enough boxes, call in a part timer send him out there and they didn't care if he never came back.This isn't just hearse . This came directly from the the UPS people themselves. Internet package tracking changed all of that.