Any idea why I'm being paid $27.14?

So I signed the 22.4 list (along with other lists in the building) in the past few months. Building manager asked me last last week if I wanted to start driving this week and I said of course. He said you start Tue. My sup spent two days with me on my qualifying route. My schedule is Tue-Sat. I'm assuming I'm a 22.4 yet I've been paid each day at $27.14 hr. I thought starting wage was $20.50?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So I signed the 22.4 list (along with other lists in the building) in the past few months. Building manager asked me last last week if I wanted to start driving this week and I said of course. He said you start Tue. My sup spent two days with me on my qualifying route. My schedule is Tue-Sat. I'm assuming I'm a 22.4 yet I've been paid each day at $27.14 hr. I thought starting wage was $20.50?

What job were you doing before?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Pre-Load. $14 a hr since peak ended.

Then I can't think of a reason why you'd make that amount right away. Save the difference, inform them in writing of the overpayment.

Article 17

"When an employee notifes the Employer in writing of any ongoing overpayment, the employee’s increasing liability will cease fve (5) working days after the date of the written notifcation. The notif- cation shall be provided to the employee’s immediate supervisor or manager. "

deeztier

happened to a couple of my coworkers. they never went cover, but were getting paid more than they should. the pay only lasted while they were qualifying. as soon as they qualified, the pay went back down to $20.50

Then I can't think of a reason why you'd make that amount right away. Save the difference, inform them in writing of the overpayment.

Article 17

"When an employee notifes the Employer in writing of any ongoing overpayment, the employee’s increasing liability will cease fve (5) working days after the date of the written notifcation. The notif- cation shall be provided to the employee’s immediate supervisor or manager. "

Thank you for the info!

Bob11B

RTD? What supplement? Seems to me that you will not be a full time or even a 22.4. Seasonal driver used only during RTD times (june-December) but only as needed.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
What pay code is the default pay code in the diad and are they giving you instructions to use a specific pay code??

El Correcto

god is dead
That’s your hero pay.

Jnils1987

Are you sure your not running air and have ground packages? If so then you are paid at top rate no matter where you are in your progression. Not sure what top rate is for 22.4 because they were never implemented in my building. If you informed them of being overpaid they only have a certain amount of time before they can ask for repayment. I belive it's 7 days however a union steward would know for sure.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Are you sure your not running air and have ground packages? If so then you are paid at top rate no matter where you are in your progression. Not sure what top rate is for 22.4 because they were never implemented in my building. If you informed them of being overpaid they only have a certain amount of time before they can ask for repayment. I belive it's 7 days however a union steward would know for sure.

Article 17