Any Louisiana drivers?

Futuredriver(maybe)

Hey guys, outsider looking in here.
Anyone here from Louisiana work as a package car driver? I’m near Baton Rouge.

I’m looking to get a job “off the street” as a driver, but I wanted to see how difficult it is. Do you have to work part time for a while, work in package sorting or something like that?

I’m 30 now and I have a family, so is this something manageable or too far gone to get into at my age. I currently have a full time job, just looking for a complete career change.

Thanks a lot guys!

charm299

Hey guys, outsider looking in here.
Anyone here from Louisiana work as a package car driver? I’m near Baton Rouge.

I’m looking to get a job “off the street” as a driver, but I wanted to see how difficult it is. Do you have to work part time for a while, work in package sorting or something like that?

I’m 30 now and I have a family, so is this something manageable or too far gone to get into at my age. I currently have a full time job, just looking for a complete career change.

Thanks a lot guys!
You would probably have to work part time for a while, at least at my center. you would have to work preload.

Futuredriver(maybe)

You would probably have to work part time for a while, at least at my center. you would have to work preload.
What center do you work at if you don’t mind me asking?

I’d like to try and see if I could squeeze in some part time work, if it means a future driving job then it’s worth the extra time it may take. Thanks for your reply!

PPH_over_9000

So you guys are saying there’s a chance.

For sure. The chance is slimmer than if you were an existing employee, but there's absolutely a chance.

Give it a shot and apply. Worst that could happen is you don't get the job, in which case you'd still be exactly where you are right now. Hell, even if someone tells you there's no chance in hell they'd take an off-the-street hire for a driving spot, I'd still tell you to apply. Just don't bank on it, you know? Fill out the application, and then find other jobs and applications to keep filling out. It's definitely not a sure thing.

Futuredriver(maybe)

For sure. The chance is slimmer than if you were an existing employee, but there's absolutely a chance.

Give it a shot and apply. Worst that could happen is you don't get the job, in which case you'd still be exactly where you are right now. Hell, even if someone tells you there's no chance in hell they'd take an off-the-street hire for a driving spot, I'd still tell you to apply. Just don't bank on it, you know? Fill out the application, and then find other jobs and applications to keep filling out. It's definitely not a sure thing.
Oh believe me when the position is posted I will apply. And I found out that my local hub is relatively small so idk if that hurts or helps my chances 😅

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
How do you eat a crawfish?

🧔✊
1599399325359.gif