Any News Clippings?

Inthegame

Been reading up on the fallout of how UPS ruined Christmas not only for their workers but also their customers. I’ll start!
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
From the article..."Soon after peak season ended in February 2014, UPS fired 250 full-time package car drivers who had walked out in support of a popular union steward fired by the company. It took a broad-based, community-focused campaign led by then–Teamsters Local 804 President Tim S to win back their jobs — much to the chagrin of UPS."
It appears author Joe Allen has a unique/slanted view of history, neglecting to mention the involvement of GST Hall in that issue.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
From the article..."Soon after peak season ended in February 2014, UPS fired 250 full-time package car drivers who had walked out in support of a popular union steward fired by the company. It took a broad-based, community-focused campaign led by then–Teamsters Local 804 President Tim S to win back their jobs — much to the chagrin of UPS."
It appears author Joe Allen has a unique/slanted view of history, neglecting to mention the involvement of GST hall in that issue.
Seems Joe Allen isn't alone?

That was nothing more than a finely orchestrated PR stunt by KHall to "ride in on his white horse and save the day", while discrediting a political rival.
UPS meanwhile, desperately wanted the many news stories to cease.

There was never 250 drivers "out of work", ever, in relation to this story.
They were instead on a "working termination", while it was all sorted out.

In the end, it was a costly lapse in judgements and actions by one rogue BA, not an entire local.

BTW, I seem to remember GST KHall not being alone in this so-called "negotiation"?
Wasn't there also a VP by the name of Sean O there as well, that originally got a lot of credit for the final resolution?
Oh yea....that's right, he's since broken ranks, so we don't talk about him anymore?
I see how it works.

SMH

Last edited:

Inthegame

Nope, there are plenty of "reporters" who commonly ignore facts to further their personal agenda. Just pointed out he's in the team picture.
That was nothing more than a finely orchestrated PR stunt by KHall to "ride in on his white horse and save the day", while discrediting a political rival.
I hope you're referring to the resolution as being "finely orchestrated" not that the GST was in cahoots with the rogue agent. (I know how you enjoy "conspiracies".)
I seem to recall many posters on these threads wondering when KH would get on that horse...
In the end, it was a costly lapse in judgements and actions by one rogue BA, not an entire local.
SMH
One rogue BA that cost an entire e-board their jobs.
BTW, I seem to remember GST KHall not being alone in this so-called "negotiation"?
Wasn't there also a VP by the name of Sean O there as well, that originally got a lot of credit for the final resolution?
Oh yea....that's right, he's since broken ranks, so we don't talk about him anymore?
I see how it works.
There certainly was involvement by Sean O, properly so as the JC President and Assistant Parcel Director. I didn't feel the need to pile on Joe Allen as my point was made succinctly. BTW, Sean O should be negotiating the UPS NMA.
That's been happening to you too often. Be careful, you may need to go into concussion protocol.
Merry Christmas to you and the entire Bubble family.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our customer counter was open from 9-5 Saturday. When I came back from delivering the first wave of air and left for lunch there was a woman waiting in line. When I came back an hour later she was still in line. I apologized to her.

W

What The Hawk?

Some have the right to be angry...but many don't. Dont go on the news talking about how you knew your kid wanted something for a long time and your ass decided to get it last minute. No sympathy for people like that who blame UPS cause they didn't order it in time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Some have the right to be angry...but many don't. Dont go on the news talking about how you knew your kid wanted something for a long time and your ass decided to get it last minute. No sympathy for people like that who blame UPS cause they didn't order it in time.
To be fair scratch was saying the madness at his hub has been going on for a couple weeks...Amazon, Macy’s, target, Walmart, Best Buy, and others can figure out how to get extra product in and get the staffing right to ship out all of these extra pkgs... so why in the hell cant ups follow through with their Commitment on the delivery side????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our customer counter was open from 9-5 Saturday. When I came back from delivering the first wave of air and left for lunch there was a woman waiting in line. When I came back an hour later she was still in line. I apologized to her.
She just wanted her package and your center failed her... your center manager should have been the one out there apologizing to her , not you

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Glad to see they lie to customers as equally as they lie to employees. Place is a joke, pride in our work is a thing of the past, there will be worse peaks than this ahead.
Don’t you think the CEO should put out full page ads in the top newspapers and on the website that states they screwed up and didn’t hire enough people .....fess up to this ????

Coldworld

60 months and counting

UPS meanwhile, desperately wanted the many news stories to cease.

There was never 250 drivers "out of work", ever, in relation to this story.
They were instead on a "working termination", while it was all sorted out.

I see how it works.

SMH
It also brought to light how people backed their drivers , either it be the state of New York, business owners or even just the average person.... people are tired of corporations being bullies. This gives me hope that if a walkout did happen that we would STILL have the public’s support.... and I think we would.

W

What The Hawk?

To be fair scratch was saying the madness at his hub has been going on for a couple weeks...Amazon, Macy’s, target, Walmart, Best Buy, and others can figure out how to get extra product in and get the staffing right to ship out all of these extra pkgs... so why in the hell cant ups follow through with their Commitment on the delivery side????
Different at every hub, mine is right next to a mall..literally..and our manager had us go through full retain trailers over and over and over..to find gifts. Quite irritating. Lol but i get it. Especially if you pay extra for faster shipping.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Different at every hub, mine is right next to a mall..literally..and our manager had us go through full retain trailers over and over and over..to find gifts. Quite irritating. Lol but i get it. Especially if you pay extra for faster shipping.
They didn’t plan very well and they have been doing this Internet shipping for 20 years.. and they know it goes up every year by 10-15 percent so you have to hire more people every peak to help with that growth... I can even tell them that and I’m just a driver... it’s not rocket science....sometimes the shareholders need to take a back seat to what we need to get done...take a stand..