Any news on raises?

DRAisawesome

I went in to do my United Way contributions. I declined on pledging anything. I will pledge on my own to my own charities. I will not give fedex the happiness by putting their name behind all their employee contributions. Then went into my salary screen. I'm at a level B pay range station. Once again the depressing news was that top out is 23.02 and will move to 23.48. that will put me over $8 an hour away from top out. I have 7+ years invested. I guess its time to hit the bottle tonight and try to forget about it. I would say go to work and post starting pay and top of range on the white board so people know where they rank in file. It will open a lot of peoples eyes. I know it won't do any good as far as a legit raise but good info to know. Yes, the only way around this is: Union representation or a pay scale/pay progression. Have fun all looking at how far you are from top of range.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A "glitch" huh?

Like maybe they are reconsidering your raise? Here's the deal, and I know I have said it before, but here it goes: It does not matter whether you get a "raise" or not because anything you get will be more than eliminated by takeaways such as reduced hours, increased insurance costs etc. So there, I have repeated myself...again. No matter what, your pay will be lower overall, because that is the Master Plan. Please, people, be smart about the way FedEx operates. They are going to give you a net ZERO, or perhaps even take more away.

Yes, it's depressing, but it's also the truth. Don't delude yourself or try and rationalize it. FedEx is out to screw you, and they will, because they can.

DRAisawesome

Mr FEDEX is correct. we are up and running DRA. They have scheduled the average route to finish in 8 or less hours. See ya later OT. It has been just lies to me from management. Good Luck out there. Hopefully you are not trying to raise a family on the New Fedex Income

fedupped

yeah, 2.5 rts combined, 132 total stops , back at station at 1500. Right, basically holding the carrot out in front hoping you get somewhere close. Those numbers get me back at 17:30. We have ignored them. Route balanced. Top out in south 24.5 after 25-30 years.

Glorifiedpackmule

3% comes out to be less than 50 cents an hour for me. I'm well aware it's not a "raise". No need to repeat yourself or get your panties in a wade over it. I'm just trying to look for ways to minimize the damage the company has done to my finances over the last 8 years and maybe offset the insurance burden they're about to put on myself and my family.

MAKAVELI

3% comes out to be less than 50 cents an hour for me. I'm well aware it's not a "raise". No need to repeat yourself or get your panties in a wade over it. I'm just trying to look for ways to minimize the damage the company has done to my finances over the last 8 years and maybe offset the insurance burden they're about to put on myself and my family.
It's 2% not 3%. No offset there. It really is a slap in the face.

Glorifiedpackmule

30 cents. Every raise I've ever gotten at this pile of crap is a slap in the face. Hell drivers off the street make cents less than 8 year employees do. I just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about raises this year. FedEx news doesn't usually make it down to the lowly hourlies at my station .

dezguy

It's 2% not 3%. No offset there. It really is a slap in the face.

Be thankful. Up here the most we're going to be able to get this year is 1.25% and that's if you get anything above a 6.6 on your review. They changed the way they review us too so every missed van scan or missed del scan goes against you. They've pretty much made it impossible to get anywhere near a 6.6 now. My manager showed me what my review would be a few months ago and it was a 5.7. I earned a top raise last year and now all of a sudden I'm only worth a 5.7 without changing the way I do my job or my efficiency.

MAKAVELI

30 cents. Every raise I've ever gotten at this pile of crap is a slap in the face. Hell drivers off the street make cents less than 8 year employees do. I just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about raises this year. FedEx news doesn't usually make it down to the lowly hourlies at my station .
Only that it's 2% and was supposed to be effective today but this so called glitch has delayed it.

!Retired!

Like maybe they are reconsidering your raise? Here's the deal, and I know I have said it before, but here it goes: It does not matter whether you get a "raise" or not because anything you get will be more than eliminated by takeaways such as reduced hours, increased insurance costs etc. So there, I have repeated myself...again. No matter what, your pay will be lower overall, because that is the Master Plan. Please, people, be smart about the way FedEx operates. They are going to give you a net ZERO, or perhaps even take more away.

Yes, it's depressing, but it's also the truth. Don't delude yourself or try and rationalize it. FedEx is out to screw you, and they will, because they can.
Last year I got 5%. After the raise in insurance and based on 40 hours, I figure I netted $25.00 for the month. A topped out courier I work with got 3% and after the raise insurance he actually took home less.
Be thankful. Up here the most we're going to be able to get this year is 1.25% and that's if you get anything above a 6.6 on your review. They changed the way they review us too so every missed van scan or missed del scan goes against you. They've pretty much made it impossible to get anywhere near a 6.6 now. My manager showed me what my review would be a few months ago and it was a 5.7. I earned a top raise last year and now all of a sudden I'm only worth a 5.7 without changing the way I do my job or my efficiency.
We don't use reviews here anymore.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Good luck with that.