Any news on the elimination of market level B pay scale?

optikz

Has anyone heard anything new about this? I heard a few guys at work talking about it. Are they getting rid of it or just moving some stations away from it to a higher market level?

vantexan

Has anyone heard anything new about this? I heard a few guys at work talking about it. Are they getting rid of it or just moving some stations away from it to a higher market level?
I'm wondering too if they are just moving some stations to the A payscale. People on here have heard this from SM's and DM's, and a former coworker told me their DM said they were moving to A. But not a peep from our mgr's here, they haven't heard a thing. Makes me wonder if they think pay is fine here as there's very little turnover and rent is pretty reasonable.

optikz

I'm wondering too if they are just moving some stations to the A payscale. People on here have heard this from SM's and DM's, and a former coworker told me their DM said they were moving to A. But not a peep from our mgr's here, they haven't heard a thing. Makes me wonder if they think pay is fine here as there's very little turnover and rent is pretty reasonable.

Turnover here is high and we never have enough staff even though they hire like crazy. Most part timers end up finding other jobs. They told us last year that the pay scale was based on whether or not people could go get other jobs near what fedex is paying locally. So if fedex started at $15 an hour, could someone go get a job elsewhere making that much because our rent here is the same as the market an hour away from here, but they make $2 more an hour.

El Morado Diablo

Turnover here is high and we never have enough staff even though they hire like crazy. Most part timers end up finding other jobs. They told us last year that the pay scale was based on whether or not people could go get other jobs near what fedex is paying locally. So if fedex started at $15 an hour, could someone go get a job elsewhere making that much because our rent here is the same as the market an hour away from here, but they make $2 more an hour.

The market levels are based on what it takes to get someone in the door. It has nothing to do with cost of living. If you live in an area that doesn't have many good jobs you are likely to get stuck with B or A market level. The problem with the system is that people get hired, find out the wage progression sucks and leave for greener pastures. It's looking like we will hit a 25%-33% turnover rate at my station since Peak. Most of the couriers who aren't maxed are actively looking for new jobs in our station.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

One of our local stations just got moved from a "B" to an "A" after over 20 years of controversy. This station was located very close to 2 "A" stations, and the cost of living was pretty much the same. Huge turnover, and many transfers to the other 2 stations.

Turnover is still high, but not as bad, but Fred saved himself huge money by screwing these folks for 20 years. Please remember that even if you're at an "A" station, it isn't like you're making bank. We're still way behind in terms of COLA and equity with our main competitor. Add-in our "industry leading benefits", and that gap becomes a canyon.

vantexan

One of our local stations just got moved from a "B" to an "A" after over 20 years of controversy. This station was located very close to 2 "A" stations, and the cost of living was pretty much the same. Huge turnover, and many transfers to the other 2 stations.

Turnover is still high, but not as bad, but Fred saved himself huge money by screwing these folks for 20 years. Please remember that even if you're at an "A" station, it isn't like you're making bank. We're still way behind in terms of COLA and equity with our main competitor. Add-in our "industry leading benefits", and that gap becomes a canyon.
And of course A is still the 2nd lowest of 7 payscales.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And of course A is still the 2nd lowest of 7 payscales.

The whole market level deal is just another way Fred scams employees. Management always says there is a complicated formula they use to ensure we are still receiving "industry leading wages and benefits". That's pure crap, and FedEx will keep a station at the lowest market level as possible and provide years of excuses and rationalizations before anything is done, if ever.

A monumental scam that screws the vast majority of Express employees.

whenIgetthere

Anything new on this?

NOTHING! SM mentioned it months ago, but crickets since. Fellow employees keep mentioning it, I just tell them it ain't gonna happen. Courier who lives in my neighborhood, but works at another station is one level above us. Same cost of living, but they have much more turn over.

optikz

NOTHING! SM mentioned it months ago, but crickets since. Fellow employees keep mentioning it, I just tell them it ain't gonna happen. Courier who lives in my neighborhood, but works at another station is one level above us. Same cost of living, but they have much more turn over.
Same here, nothing. We have high turnover though.