Any opinions on Verizon?

Camping Nana

This thread should be moved, probably to Life After Brown.

Certainly wouldn't have anything to do with "life AFTER brown"..... Retirees and former employees don't get the discount. (If you have it when you retire, you can retain it. - but if you retire and then try to switch to Verizon - no go!)

Highwayman

My daughter had ATT and Iphone but she moved to an area without good 3G coverage from ATT. She switched to Verizon and the Droid and loves it. It really depends on your area as to which company is better. Ask around.:smart:

Camping Nana

In response to your question regarding Verizon service....

I agree with others. I think it depends alot on your location. ATT in Texas and CA has great coverage. In Arizona - LOUSY coverage! Verizon is far better here.

Our children have the Droids with Verizon and love them. They have really fast internet service and all kinds of apps.

Like a previous poster stated; however, the data plan can be quite a bit more expensive. It was more that this retired UPS couple felt was necessary on our pension salary. LOL

over9five

Staff member
We don't use the internet on our phones. We were able to get our new AT&T smart phones thru UPS without having to purchase the $30 a month per phone data fee. (I know this doesn't apply to the OP). My daughter could not do that with Verizon.

We recently got an offer from AT&T saying basicly, "How bout $15?". No thanks.

Rebrak24

Location is key to picking a provider. Verizon is great in the Northeast. Sprint is best in the South and SoCal. T-Mobile is losing customers. AT&T is losing it's contract with Apple. That explains the recent release of the iPhone 4. They only call it the iPhone 4 to confuse you with 4G service. Which is what I have, being a Sprint customer with the HTC Evo 4G. No complaints unless I go super rural.

UPSBluRdg03

Ive had Verizon for about 3 years now. Had Nextel before and Verizon is by far the better service. I cover some pretty rural routes and lose serivce in very few places. I just upgraded my phone to the Samsung Alias II last year which does tend to lose a call every now and then. As soon as the call is lost and I look at my phone it says "CALL LOST" and as soon as that clears I have service again. Kinda weird but anyway. I had a Motorola Razr before and never lost a call in the same areas. Next time I upgrade it will be back to a Motorola phone. I dont think you will be dissapointed with Verizon at all.

UPS delivers all the phones and accesories to Verizon Wireless stores around here. They usually get mutiple boxes a day and NDA atleast once a week. Plus if you ever notice those boxes from Asurion that are always NDA Saver those are replacement phones from Verizon.

overallowed

I was with Alltel before Verizon bought them out. Very rarely can I find a place where it doesn't work. My phone rang when I was standing in a dormant volcano tube in Hawaii. I was really impressed with that. I have a Motorola Q9, which is no longer offered, and I am not that happy with it. I got it about 2 weeks before the Droid came out. Just my luck!
I deliver to my local Verizon store, and they used to ship all packaged FedEx ground, per corprate orders. They switched back to us when they had a problem with packages disappearing off the face of the earth when the driver walked out the door. I gues you get what you pay for.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I have Verizon and I can't say whether they are good or bad. It works. I wish it were cheaper. I never get calls or anything. Just a bill once a month.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
UPSers get a 22% discount on the primary line and accessories. You can add your wife for $9.99/month. Just bring a paystub to make sure you get the discount. In my area Verizon has the best coverage by far.

You can go to www.vzw.com to check them out before going to the store. You can actually do it all online if you don't want to go to the store--the only problem is Verizon uses FedEx exclusively.

The only negative I can think of is their marketing folks call you a lot. I have received a phone call from Verizon 4 out of 5 days this week. It has gotten to the point where I see their number on my called ID and ignore it.

Instead of having it shipped go to your local dealer. I don't have any problems with Verizon calling me. They do it only 1 time and then I put a DO NOT CALL or I will cancel my account. Never had any problem. I agree, I think Verizon has the best coverage and I think the LG's a great phones. I have beat mine to death and it keeps on working.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Verizon will only give you a 22% discount on your phone charges, no discounts on additional phones.:sad-little:

This is not entirely accurate. The 22% discount is off of the primary line and any accessories purchased for that number. There are no corporate discounts on additional phones but Verizon always has "Buy 1, Get 1" specials.