Any Preloaders taking pre-workout supplements

BroDan

I'm looking into taking a workout supplement before work, i'm averaging 240 pph in a highly industrial pull that has a couple drop stops and constant 50+ packages

Any thoughts?

Solidarity413

have you tried jack3d? ON's Amin0 Energy? I just take a shake of whey during break. But I could see using the ON Amino Energy blend 3-4 scoops before you start..

BroDan

I have jack3d but i always felt like my heart rate would be too high since im basically running around like a chicken with its head cut off

curiousbrain

As always, just my opinion on things.

If you are looking for something to take before work, drink a whey shake (try buying a tub of natural whey powder, then just drink as instructed); if you want something during work, drink a whey shake; if you want something after work, drink a whey shake.

Proprietary products that claim to enhance the amount by which you "buff up" (or any other unreasonable - as defined by realistic expectations - claims) are almost, without exception, full of crap.

The best thing you can possibly do for yourself is create a consistent and balanced diet of healthy foods, thus supplying your body with all the protein and carbohydrates it will need to take full advantage of the work you are doing. Also, create a fitness regime which incorporates cardiovascular activity (in case you feel you are not getting enough at UPS) - just focusing on "getting ripped" is not a good idea, for what it's worth.

Another good (in my eyes, anyway) tip is to not eat three square meals a day, as is the conventional wisdom; rather, eat six to seven smaller meals a day - this keeps blood sugar spikes to a minimum, ensures a healthy flow of nutrients to your body, raises your metabolism, and lots of other good things.

A good rule of thumb: never pay for anything that claims to help you lose weight, gain muscle, or both. Working at UPS and moving heavy objects for 3.5 or more hours a day is part of the equation of gaining muscle/strength; the other half is the hard part - eating healthy foods, not drinking or doing any drugs, consistently refusing to go out bar hopping (because a hard night of drinking will destroy a week or more of hard fought gains), and other "common sense" things.

Consider reading about the technical difference between muscle hypertrophy and strength training.

I won't plug any pay website, but the free one I frequent is located here; I'm not affiliated with it, I just find it to be honest about what to expect when attempting fitness of various intensities.

Last edited by a moderator:

steward71

I do take a whey before preload and then before my other full time. I have at least 4 day. Plus go to the gym 2 hours a day after work. But like stated Whey will give you the extra you will needed. I will fill you up.

BroDan

Thanks for the help guys, i do currently supplement with whey protein and vitamins, i just find that i "crash" after break (im going to try skipping break a couple times and see if keeping my heart rate up will help)

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i had a 5-hour energy or a Monster almost every day for two years when i was a preloader

i'm on an EC stack right now

at some point i'd really like to not be taking things that take me from 0-100mph in the morning

curiousbrain

Thanks for the help guys, i do currently supplement with whey protein and vitamins, i just find that i "crash" after break (im going to try skipping break a couple times and see if keeping my heart rate up will help)

You might be crashing for two reasons.

1) Whatever supplement(s) you are using have (very) high amounts of caffeine, sugar, or other stimulant, which is giving you a somewhat artificial boost of energy - as is common, you are crashing.

2) Your body has used up its immediate supply of easily available energy; it is now having to perform lengthy processes to generate additional energy - see hitting the wall. Try eating a banana or something an hour into work if you can find the time; a supplement bar may work, as well.

Or, perhaps a combination of both.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a preloader many many moons ago and I hit the wall I knew it was time to go number 2. After this I felt a sudden burst of energy that would enable me to finish my four hour shift with a kinda a pizzaz and vigor that would remind my peers of Joe Montana in the two minute warning of the Super Bowl.

curiousbrain

When I was a preloader many many moons ago and I hit the wall I knew it was time to go number 2. After this I felt a sudden burst of energy that would enable me to finish my four hour shift with a kinda a pizzaz and vigor that would remind my peers of Joe Montana in the two minute warning of the Super Bowl.

Now you know how Joe did it hehe

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
One or two raw eggs can and supply you better then anything you've ever taken before.

I used to play Ice hockey, lift weights and do a ton of cardo for about 6 hours a day. Then I went into UPS to preload and found it to a whole new world of hurt. This is because your moving for almost 4 hours stright.

The raw eggs I used during my sports training and found out why boxers take them. The egg is amazing, with all the nutritional value, nature has made a prefect energy shot within its white walls. Sure theres threat of salmonella and other threats, but its highly rare and uncommon. Plus most infected eggs one would be able to see any inperfections within the egg. Cloudy, color and smell play a factor.

Try that out, but be warned, you might throw out any and all your other supplements.

oh yea, take your breaks man!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why risk the salmonella.....just cook 'em!!

Raw egg advocates argue that raw eggs are healthier than cooked eggs because cooking somehow reduces the nutritional value of the egg and protein. However, the science doesn’t really support this.
There is no clinical evidence or peer-reviewed research to indicate that cooking eggs reduces the availability of protein or significantly degrades vitamin or nutrient content.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No one should eat two eggs any day. That is asking for major heart/artery issues in just a few short years.

The best IMO is a healthy diet. Outside a multi-vitamin and maybe omega 3/6 supplements, nutritional supplements are NOT, I repeat NOT the way to go if you can get your nutrition through a regular diet.

I found that some OJ/fruit juices, eating a banana, apple, granola bar, a little protein (1 egg every other day), cup of coffee and PLENTY of water...is the perfect morning routine, every day.

Also, regular exercise outside of work 3-4 days a week for at least 20 minutes for cardio.

try this for one month - lower your calories and especially processed foods and sugar intake. If this is a problem, small or large, Your body will react adversely at first much like any other withdrawral from routine, but will adjust.

Solidarity413

No one should eat two eggs any day. That is asking for major heart/artery issues in just a few short years.

The best IMO is a healthy diet. Outside a multi-vitamin and maybe omega 3/6 supplements, nutritional supplements are NOT, I repeat NOT the way to go if you can get your nutrition through a regular diet.

I found that some OJ/fruit juices, eating a banana, apple, granola bar, a little protein (1 egg every other day), cup of coffee and PLENTY of water...is the perfect morning routine, every day.

Also, regular exercise outside of work 3-4 days a week for at least 20 minutes for cardio.

try this for one month - lower your calories and especially processed foods and sugar intake. If this is a problem, small or large, Your body will react adversely at first much like any other withdrawral from routine, but will adjust.

Love ya Sleeve,

But you're wrong, Brother. Maybe you're just old and those 2 eggs a day are getting to ya ;)
At least 100g of protein a day. Thats a cakewalk. You can do it OP!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Why risk the salmonella.....just cook 'em!!

Raw egg advocates argue that raw eggs are healthier than cooked eggs because cooking somehow reduces the nutritional value of the egg and protein. However, the science doesn’t really support this.
There is no clinical evidence or peer-reviewed research to indicate that cooking eggs reduces the availability of protein or significantly degrades vitamin or nutrient content.

Sure cook them, its alot safer then eatting them raw.

Carotene within the raw egg form is what fitness people are after. A lot like its genetic counter part creatine, which allows oxygen to enter into muscle tissue quickly.

And your right, I used to talk with a lot of fitness buffs about this topic. Most believed that taking in a raw egg was better for digestion and nutritional value. I've done it countles of times in the past and the energy out put is almost scary.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/carotene

Sleeve, probably one of the most important thing to add into ones diet is fiber. People usally laugh when I say this because fiber in the minds of all really only does one thing. But fiber does a lot more then just that. It is the fuel for the colon to extract nutrients from what is being moved along the colon track. This alone can make someone lose weight, more energy and over all feel better.

Another thing, I love junk foods, why? People forget that its not only intake of right foods, it can also mean intake of massve amounts of calories. Calories burn within the system, so do protein, fats, carbs and others. The finishing product is energy. Navy seals are said to consume about 5000 calories each meal to keep up with the demands of training. Most jobs here at UPS demand a lot of walking and heavey lifting / lowering. Its an enviroment one must say that calories are crucial to staying here and making it day by day. I've run out of gas on a shift before and it isnt fun. So eat up, good and bad. Most of us will burn it off anyways.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Correct about fiber.

I mentioned apples, granola bars...plenty of fiber in those. fiber in the bread you eat can make it much more healthy and useful for your body. (multi-grain, whole wheat , at least 2g per slice - I look for 3g+) ....

Eating bad isn't a good thing. I realize a little here and there is fine, but packing on saturated fat cholesterol and calories is not a good idea no matter who you are.

UPS is not somewhere you are going to burn 1- 2,000 calories , such as running a 10k. I would imagine most people burn 500-1000 in a 3.5 hour shift. Unless you're working out hard elsewhere, stick with a healthy diet (low sat fat, cholesterol, moderate calories, high fiber, nutritious) and not much else.