Any Top Gear Fans? (On Topic)

clean hairy

Anyone have opinions on the new Presenters of Top Gear, and the show without Jeremy, Richard and James?
Watched some of the first 3 episodes, and seems to be rubbish!
The ratings seem to be taking a steady dump as well.
What do you folks think of Top Gear since the revamp?

oldngray

nowhere special
Anyone have opinions on the new Presenters of Top Gear, and the show without Jeremy, Richard and James?

Every review I have seen agrees with you. Time to end it because with the new hosts its not worth watching.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Still better than American Top Gear. I'm willing to give it a shot.
tumblr_n724zirTUH1rw3flto1_500.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You know, if you sit back and completely block out Jeremy, Richard, and James, it's not a bad show.

What they need to do is get rid of the doofus Chris Evans. He's an ass and needs to quit yelling. You have a microphone, speak like a human.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The trio struck a perfect balance. The new guys are trying to hard to mesh with one another.
I think they need time to mesh, but you're right, as of right now it is forced.

The Top Gear we are used to was 3 guys who had worked with each other for over a decade. The chemistry was there and tested. These guys have had 3 weeks.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think they need time to mesh, but you're right, as of right now it is forced.

The Top Gear we are used to was 3 guys who had worked with each other for over a decade. The chemistry was there and tested. These guys have had 3 weeks.

Watch some of the very early episodes and you will see how awkward their interactions were and how the show was still struggling to find its purpose. It was mostly about the cars until it evolved to be about the hosts.

joeboodog

Watch some of the very early episodes and you will see how awkward their interactions were and how the show was still struggling to find its purpose. It was mostly about the cars until it evolved to be about the hosts.
It was always about cars. Just in later years it became as if regular guys got a chance to drive super cars.

oldngray

nowhere special
It was always about cars. Just in later years it became as if regular guys got a chance to drive super cars.

I didn't like the shift to mostly all supercars normal people would never drive. They were at their best doing things like the road trip to India or driving London taxis. Weird stuff that played to their strengths.

joeboodog

I didn't like the shift to mostly all supercars normal people would never drive. They were at their best doing things like the road trip to India or driving London taxis. Weird stuff that played to their strengths.
I also like when they would review normal cars.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
True but they rarely did that. And when they did they sneered at everything American made. And they would compare an American car to some exotic costing 2 or 3 times as much.
I actually found that kind of funny.

Like look at it from our POV. As a country we're very xenophobic. They're the same way. Just with Euro cars

joeboodog

True but they rarely did that. And when they did they sneered at everything American made. And they would compare an American car to some exotic costing 2 or 3 times as much.
Hammond would like some American cars but Clarkson hates everything that isn't British..