Anybody else in the Atlanta area get crushed today?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Season Tickets for the Atlanta Falcons hit our center today and boy howdy it was Christmas in July! I worked 10.5 hours and there were still at least half the drivers still out when i came in. Management had everyone they could grab on the road today,and average dispatch was a 10.5 paid day,in 97 degree heat with 100 % humidity. It really does make the cold beer taste better

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had 43 extra stops from the Falcon tickets, I didn't know they had that many fans. I had 137 stops Monday and 193 Tuesday. I was offered a Helper, but turned him down. My legs finally got cramps in the middle of the night, I'm sore now. One consignee told me she would seen me again soon, a Falcon's e-mail said the parking passes would come a couple of days later.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had 43 extra stops from the Falcon tickets, I didn't know they had that many fans. I had 137 stops Monday and 193 Tuesday. I was offered a Helper, but turned him down. My legs finally got cramps in the middle of the night, I'm sore now. One consignee told me she would seen me again soon, a Falcon's e-mail said the parking passes would come a couple of days later.

I'm off next week,hope they hold off until then!

westin

If I get off Before 11 hours, its a good day. But then again, I start at 730am so 11 to 12h is the norm.

BCFan

Great day here up at 8:30 am ,nap from 11 until 2:45 then off for a haircut then out to eat with my wife home by 7:00 watching tv and cold brew...I love vacations....BC

rod

Retired 22 years
Reminds me of years ago when I delivered to a small town where everyone basically work at the one manufacturing plant in town. One year the company decided that it would be nice to send all their employees (about 350 of them) a half bushel of Florida oranges for Christmas. In the first place they were all frozen hard as a rock. (never send fresh fruit to loved ones in Minnesota during the winter). Secondly they needed signatures and most everyone was at work anyway so I talked the receiving guy at the company into taking all the ones I had on my truck. Took a long time to sheet up all those "left ats" but solved the problem. Everyone was happy, especially me. I later heard some of the big wigs couldn't understand why I had done it but no complaints were ever called in so all was well. P.S. Yes I counted them all as stops.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Season Tickets for the Atlanta Falcons hit our center today and boy howdy it was Christmas in July! I worked 10.5 hours and there were still at least half the drivers still out when i came in. Management had everyone they could grab on the road today,and average dispatch was a 10.5 paid day,in 97 degree heat with 100 % humidity. It really does make the cold beer taste better

I just feel sorry for you that they were Falcons ticket instead of Chiefs tickets.