Anybody from the salt lake city hub in here? I'm thinking of starting as package handler with the goal of feeder. Can you go straight from package?

I'm 21 and live 50 miles from the salt lake city hub. I'm looking to become a feeder driver but I have to start as package handler or get hired of the street. I already got my CDL also can I go I straight from package handling to feeder?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I'm 21 and live 50 miles from the salt lake city hub. I'm looking to become a feeder driver but I have to start as package handler or get hired of the street. I already got my CDL also can I go I straight from package handling to feeder?
From what I've read in the Western Region, you have to have a year of safe driving in package before you can go to feeder.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
even if they can't fill the position inside?
As it stands now you have to have a year of safe driving.Other regions you are able to do it.Why don't you try to get in as a feeder from off the street?

As it stands now you have to have a year of safe driving.Other regions you are able to do it.Why don't you try to get in as a feeder from off the street?
I know one the feeder supervisors at the salt lake city hub he told me it would be faster to go as a package handler then getting hired of the street

bleedinbrown58

Doesn’t have a Member
Yes you can, depending on your location.

boxdust

I'm a feeder at lkeut you can go straight from being a package handler to feeder in that building. But lately they have been hiring almost everyone off of the street. The last two years they have just hired all of our seasonal drivers full time in like March. I honestly don't know what your fastest route into feeder will be.

Staydryitsraining

I'm a feeder at lkeut you can go straight from being a package handler to feeder in that building. But lately they have been hiring almost everyone off of the street. The last two years they have just hired all of our seasonal drivers full time in like March. I honestly don't know what your fastest route into feeder will be.
Are they hiring full time so fast because of growth or because people are quitting?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Primary Location: 380 South 6400 West , SALT LAKE CITY, UT - United States, 84104
Job ID UTLKE7
$30 / hour

UPS is hiring individuals to work as full-time Tractor-Trailer Drivers for Local as well as Sleeper teams.

The local position involves driving a tractor-trailer unit to one or more destinations and then returning to the original domicile during the same work shift. Some work is performed outdoors.

The Sleeper Team position involves driving a tractor-trailer unit as part of a Sleeper team and you must be available to work days, nights as well as weekends.

Tractor-Trailer Drivers may work days, nights as well as weekends and are required to meet driver appearance standards.

Upsjobs.com apply and get hired