Anybody near Fredericksburg, VA?

Silver

I'm looking to apply for a part time preloader job there. I know there are several near my house and the population has grown 32% here. Just wondering if I can get work here.

UPSGUY72

I'm looking to apply for a part time preloader job there. I know there are several near my house and the population has grown 32% here. Just wondering if I can get work here.

The only way to appy for a job is go to UPSJOBS and look to see if they are hiring in the area your in. Then you have to apply online and they will call you for a interview/ walk thru. After that if they thing you be a good addition they will call you back and to come to work.

Silver

Is this how you all got the job?

I don't see anyone hiring near Fredericksburg, but I do see one in Newington, VA that is hiring. That's about it though. Traffic is really bad in NOVA.

cosmictrucker

counting the months
Is this how you all got the job?

I don't see anyone hiring near Fredericksburg, but I do see one in Newington, VA that is hiring. That's about it though. Traffic is really bad in NOVA.

What Upsguy72 told you is basically how it works. I'm familiar with the Fredericksburg building, and I suggest you drive over and talk to them in person. The Fredericksburg Center is a medium, to small center in size, so walking in and talking to them face to face will gain a few points in your favor.

Also, the Newington, VA building is just north of Fredericksburg, VA. It's the newest Center in VA. The down side is dealing with I95 traffic for you commute, but if you're a local, you'll know how to use the alternate routes.

Silver

Talked to a lady yesterday at the local Fredericksburg hub. She basically pointed me to upsjobs.com which I have checked before. So I wanted to get some more out of it. I told her the wait time and it seemed like to me she doesn't really know just by looking at her. She said the wait time is 2-4 years from preloader to UPS driver. It sounds reasonable and very good in fact. However, I'm not sure if she's confident in her answer. Nice lady though.

I should try and talk to my local UPS driver and hear it from him.

Also, she said that they need drivers for Christmas time. I was wondering what she meant by that...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Silver, yes, by all means talk to one of the drivers. They will have a much better understanding as to how long it may take. Everything is done by seniority so, if you get hired, all the PT's over you will get to go driving before you. With the way the economy is right now and considering all the lay-offs, just as an off hand guess (I am not from that area so I may be way off), you may not get to go driving for 5 years or more.

UPS does put on extra drivers during Christmas.

abc123

I'm pretty sure there's a center in Fredericksburg, and I would wait for an opening there. Newington is pretty far.

Silver

Talked to a couple of drivers before they went back home. It was at 6:30(pretty late). Anyway, they said that they got the position in 3 1/2 years and that was back in the early 2000. They also said that there are going to be part time jobs opening in two more months.