Anyone care to speculate on why UPS insiders are selling UPS stock?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If they are hanging around, there is no reason to sell. I guess if these people are getting close to retirement, the high price, and the uncertainty of the contract negotiations (if that's really true), then they sound like they're taking a blind guess that this is as high as the stock will be for a while. If they're not close to retiring, then they might be panicking, or they might have a huge amount of shares, and they're just dumping some for cash. But really, who cares? I mean, maybe they all have really big telescopes and only they see a massive asteroid heading this way. No offense, but a lot of you are going to drive yourself insane with rumours about this GD contract.

satellitedriver

Just curious for those of you "in the know".....is it normal for UPS insiders such as Michael Eskew, Kurt Kuehn, Alan Gershenhorn, and Christine Owens to sell this much UPS stock?

The simple answer is, Yes.

The complex answer is in the variables
, of each, of the invested parties.
Tax liabilities, stock option dates, profit taking and balancing a diverse portfolio for maximum returns, ect.................................

This thread is nothing but people in the cheap seats looking down at the professionals on the playing field.

A 53 foot hatteras can burn 30-40 gallons per hour. Can't even imagine the burn rate on a large yacht. Or this could be the reason for the recent run in Apple.

DS

Fenderbender
Just curious for those of you "in the know".....is it normal for UPS insiders such as Michael Eskew, Kurt Kuehn, Alan Gershenhorn, and Christine Owens to sell this much UPS stock?

The simple answer is, Yes
This thread is nothing but people in the cheap seats looking down at the professionals on the playing field.
Pork bellies vs iphones.
Greed is killing us.If Jim Casey ran the world,it would be a happy place.
I think Mr. Dracula is right on.All for one and all for me.

barnyard

KTM rider
Because they know we are going on strike.

If that were the case, I believe that you would see them selling way more than 10% of their holdings. Eskew has sold more than 10%, but he still has 300,000 shares.

If stock is part of their pay package, it would be very wise to sell high and diversify.

InsideUPS

simple answer is, Yes.

Interesting analogy satellitedriver... so, am I to assume that you equate the "people in the cheap seats" as the hourly and the "professionals on the playing field" as management? If so, I would like to suggest the following analogy:

1) "The Professionals on the Playing Field" = The hourly (Feeder Drivers, Package Car Drivers, part-timers, etc.) that ACTUALLY play the game....day in and day out. The ones who actually incur physical injury from moving the "football" (packages) up and down the field while the "spectators", coaches, and owners sit on the sideline and watch the game being played.

2) "The People in the Cheap Seats" = The shareholders, the public, etc., who have an investment in the "game" but do nothing to physically participate in the game. The only possible loss they can incur is their monetary investment if for some reason team loses. (of course...they have the full right to criticize Owners, Coaches, and Players....)

3) "The Corporate Box Seats" = Scott Davis and other members of the Board Of Directors sit in these seats. They watch the "game" being played and have no idea what it actually takes to "play the game"....you know...pass, run, block, tackle, etc.. There job as proxy owners of the team, should be to hire coaches (Center Managers) that know how to coach the team to victory........INSTEAD.....THEY....The Board of Directors ALSO try and COACH the team from their Corporate Box Seats. OUR Board of Directors have relegated our "coaches" to "water-boys" over the past 10-15 years.

4) "The Water-boys"
= As mentioned above (3), our lower management employees have been relegated to water-boys. With all the mis-use of telematics and instant reporting, Scott Davis and friends believe they can control (coach) what goes on in each center better than the people that are in that center, hub, etc.. Scott Davis and friends have lost complete touch with the human aspects of "playing the game". Scott Davis has no feeling for how low the employee morale is on our "TEAM".

Summary- Life and business does emulate the experiences we have in sports. IMHO, I believe that we have an relatively new "owner" (Scott Davis) of the team that has NO clue about the importance of "team morale". His accounting background has blinded him to the human aspects of this "game" we call the packages delivery business. The "Professionals" that play this game on a daily basis will only tolerate so much before they retaliate in any one of a number of ways. Unrealistic demands by the "owners" only results in the players asking for more pay and/or better contract language to protect their interests which includes the health and welfare of both them and their families. It is for these reasons that the "Players Union" was organized in the first place.

https://www.nflplayers.com/about-us/
Screen shot 2013-03-20 at 11.34.01 AM.jpg
"We, The National Football League Players Association ... Pay homage to our predecessors for their courage, sacrifice, and vision; ... Pledge to preserve and enhance the democratic involvement of our members; ... Confirm our willingness to do whatever is necessary for the betterment of our membership - To preserve our gains and achieve those goals not yet attained."

Screen shot 2013-03-20 at 11.36.49 AM.png

Screen shot 2013-03-20 at 11.34.01 AM.jpg
Screen shot 2013-03-20 at 11.36.49 AM.png

oldupsman

This, price is high and its a good idea to diversify.

expecting the unexpected

I've sold mine also.....what's wrong with buying low and selling high, I think the stock is currently a multi-year high (maybe 10 year high). I'd dump every available share

You will never go broke taking a profit!
Sold most of what I had left just this morning. Hung onto my last 100 shares. Stupid as it
sounds I still have an emotional attachment. Feel the same way about UPS as I always have.
Love,hate,love,hate.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe they want some cash to live on for the year!!

Maybe they want to pay cash for their new car.

Maybe it's getting towards grad. time and they want to buy a car for the grad.

Maybe they need money for the vacation of a lifetime.....

There are a thousand reasons why!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
they are garbage and have no relation to the real ups...sellouts, short term corporate crap,, thanks ipo and share owners.....wait.. wheres pretzel and hoax to defend the obvious......

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Interesting analogy satellitedriver... so, am I to assume that you equate the "people in the cheap seats" as the hourly and the "professionals on the playing field" as management? If so, I would like to suggest the following analogy:

1) "The Professionals on the Playing Field" = The hourly (Feeder Drivers, Package Car Drivers, part-timers, etc.) that ACTUALLY play the game....day in and day out. The ones who actually incur physical injury from moving the "football" (packages) up and down the field while the "spectators", coaches, and owners sit on the sideline and watch the game being played.

2) "The People in the Cheap Seats" = The shareholders, the public, etc., who have an investment in the "game" but do nothing to physically participate in the game. The only possible loss they can incur is their monetary investment if for some reason team loses. (of course...they have the full right to criticize Owners, Coaches, and Players....)

3) "The Corporate Box Seats" = Scott Davis and other members of the Board Of Directors sit in these seats. They watch the "game" being played and have no idea what it actually takes to "play the game"....you know...pass, run, block, tackle, etc.. There job as proxy owners of the team, should be to hire coaches (Center Managers) that know how to coach the team to victory........INSTEAD.....THEY....The Board of Directors ALSO try and COACH the team from their Corporate Box Seats. OUR Board of Directors have relegated our "coaches" to "water-boys" over the past 10-15 years.

4) "The Water-boys"
= As mentioned above (3), our lower management employees have been relegated to water-boys. With all the mis-use of telematics and instant reporting, Scott Davis and friends believe they can control (coach) what goes on in each center better than the people that are in that center, hub, etc.. Scott Davis and friends have lost complete touch with the human aspects of "playing the game". Scott Davis has no feeling for how low the employee morale is on our "TEAM".

Summary- Life and business does emulate the experiences we have in sports. IMHO, I believe that we have an relatively new "owner" (Scott Davis) of the team that has NO clue about the importance of "team morale". His accounting background has blinded him to the human aspects of this "game" we call the packages delivery business. The "Professionals" that play this game on a daily basis will only tolerate so much before they retaliate in any one of a number of ways. Unrealistic demands by the "owners" only results in the players asking for more pay and/or better contract language to protect their interests which includes the health and welfare of both them and their families. It is for these reasons that the "Players Union" was organized in the first place.

https://www.nflplayers.com/about-us/
View attachment 8723
"We, The National Football League Players Association ... Pay homage to our predecessors for their courage, sacrifice, and vision; ... Pledge to preserve and enhance the democratic involvement of our members; ... Confirm our willingness to do whatever is necessary for the betterment of our membership - To preserve our gains and achieve those goals not yet attained."

View attachment 8724

Dude, you misunderstood the application of the analogy: most of us do not really know how to play the investment game like the ones being discussed here making the moves (for starters people, don't just sell high; don't sell at all, rather use a trailing stop and ride your winners until they trigger that stop. Don't be scared of a little success). He wasn't referring to who makes the company go, but rather those playing a game the vast majority of us will never have the chips to get involved in, and yet we are trying to guess why they are making the moves they are.

satellitedriver

Interesting analogy satellitedriver... so, am I to assume that you equate the "people in the cheap seats" as the hourly and the "professionals on the playing field" as management?

Yes,
you did show your assume.

My response was to the financial aspects regarding the original question of this thread.
Your assumption -(somehow?)- turned into a postulation.
I am a 27yr driver, I am a share holder, I re-balance my portfolio twice a year and have a net worth that is twice the average teamster UPS driver.
In 1997, after 11yrs being a teamster, I turned in my union card and took my financial future into my own hands.
Management, nor the teamsters, control my financial life.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

4) "The Water-boys"

This is just weird.

I can delete for you if you want me to.

Or transfer it to a relevant thread.

Let me know.

You OK?

brown metal coffin

It's at a very high point now and I'm sure they bought it lower than that. It's just the basic concept of buying low and selling high. Also the stock is part of their salary and they may be cashing it out just because.... Hard to understand the millionaire mindset.