Anyone else being forced to work this Weekend?

Marshal

Just curious if anyone else is being forced to work this weekend. I work Monday through Friday nights. Last week my supervisor said we'd be on a "List" for yes and no sign ups. They apparently were going to take 80 people. Since I have over four years of seniority, I'm well above over 120 in my area. Then yesterday, we were told that they scrapped the idea of the 80 people, and now everyone's coming in at 7:30 PM. But, our start time is at 11:45 pm on M-friend, the other later people start off at 1:15 am. One Fourteen year employee that I work with said he's never seen UPS do this before.

I have a couple buddies that have second jobs which this new "Schedule" for the weekend conflicts into their job, and the response given was. "Tell them you have more important things to do" My only problem with it is, I've had family plans for over a month, and have family coming from all over the states to get together on Sunday, because my Grandmother doesn't have much time left, they're giving her until late January.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Telling a part-time job holder that they should tell another job provider they have something more important is a bit over the top.
Hmmmm...

Marshall the strength and get to spend time with your grandmother too!

FilingBluesFL

I'll be working.

Stogie lit up, Cigar Dave on the radio, and the Sunny Florida wind blowing through my hair!

And with every foot step, I'll hear "CHA-CHING, CHA-CHING, CHA-CHING"

And I won't be wearing spurs...

Just curious if anyone else is being forced to work this weekend. I work Monday through Friday nights. Last week my supervisor said we'd be on a "List" for yes and no sign ups. They apparently were going to take 80 people. Since I have over four years of seniority, I'm well above over 120 in my area. Then yesterday, we were told that they scrapped the idea of the 80 people, and now everyone's coming in at 7:30 PM. But, our start time is at 11:45 pm on M-friend, the other later people start off at 1:15 am. One Fourteen year employee that I work with said he's never seen UPS do this before.

I have a couple buddies that have second jobs which this new "Schedule" for the weekend conflicts into their job, and the response given was. "Tell them you have more important things to do" My only problem with it is, I've had family plans for over a month, and have family coming from all over the states to get together on Sunday, because my Grandmother doesn't have much time left, they're giving her until late January.
Call off

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our BA told me even if I just didn't show up if I was on their "list" there would be nothing they could do to me. But i'm not on the list so I'm not worried about it.

barnyard

KTM rider
I might work Saturday. Not sure yet. I will have hours available. Boss said with 12 drivers, everyone will work 6ish hours. Probably will not start till 10:30 though. Pretty much shoots a hole in the day.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I might work Saturday. Not sure yet. I will have hours available. Boss said with 12 drivers, everyone will work 6ish hours. Probably will not start till 10:30 though. Pretty much shoots a hole in the day.
Fill the hole up with money. Think of it as extra cash for top shelf booze.

browned out

6th day is another guaranteed 8 hour day, If ups calls u in, it is your right to 8 hours. If you only have 3 DOT hours driving available, ups will have you watch safety videos, driver help or just send u home and pay the 8 hour guarantee. Get your 8.

BrownArmy

I will have hours left...

They'll force from the bottom (not many volunteers, I imagine).

Anything special about a sixth punch?

oldngray

nowhere special
From what you have posted here, you are probably on their list!
spongebobpatricktodolistavatar.jpg

cb1969

grab a shop steward and let your supervisor know that you will not be working and that they can not force you to work more than 5 days or any other time that is not your normal shift...unless you are an air driver and it is an official holiday they can not force you to work....