Anyone else being forced to work this Weekend?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Just curious if anyone else is being forced to work this weekend. I work Monday through Friday nights. Last week my supervisor said we'd be on a "List" for yes and no sign ups. They apparently were going to take 80 people. Since I have over four years of seniority, I'm well above over 120 in my area. Then yesterday, we were told that they scrapped the idea of the 80 people, and now everyone's coming in at 7:30 PM. But, our start time is at 11:45 pm on M-friend, the other later people start off at 1:15 am. One Fourteen year employee that I work with said he's never seen UPS do this before.

I have a couple buddies that have second jobs which this new "Schedule" for the weekend conflicts into their job, and the response given was. "Tell them you have more important things to do" My only problem with it is, I've had family plans for over a month, and have family coming from all over the states to get together on Sunday, because my Grandmother doesn't have much time left, they're giving her until late January.

:censored2: them. Family is more important.

They've tried this same :censored2: at my hub this year; 6th days have always been voluntary for PT'ers for the last 4-5 years.

They starve you on a 3.5 hour/day diet January - November then want a FT commitment when they need you. Tell them to eat :censored2:.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm only working if they put a gun to my head.
gun_shooting.gif

I had an hour and 37 minutes available for tomorrow. I asked my manager if he wanted me to come in. He said you don't have enough hours and I said ill drive for 1:37 and get paid for eight. He declined. I tried

BrownArmy

53.75 hours...I'll be working tomorrow.

Drivers who ran out or were close to running out of hours today were being asked to work Sunday.

LOL.

Geo926

I worked Saturday. Originally I was going to deliver multiple towns, then my sup told me change of plans you're just doing pick ups today. Swept 2 UPS stores, couple Toys R Us, and Babies R Us. Nice relaxing day before the :censored2: hits the fan tomorrow.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Asked me if I wanna work ..hahahahahahahahahaha

They put up a list for volunteers. No one signed it. Then they put up their "force" list. Half of the people said it ain't gonna happen. Friday midday they sent out a message to a few of us to ask if we would be interested. Replied, "Not a chance".

Z

ZQXC

They sent a message on Friday saying to answer Yes if we wanted to work and No if........... ( and that is where the message ended). Big arrow down did not complete the message; suspecting a trick, I did not use the "No" option. Instead, I typed in "Not Working".

JL 0513

About 30 drivers were asked to work yesterday at my center. Including me. Basically required from the bottom up. They said they could make an exception if you had previous plans, such as going out of town for the weekend. I don't know what the big deal is. They tell me to work, I work. Happy to for time and a half. And it was an easy :censored2: day. 60 stops, 70 packages. Walk in the park. During the week, I averaged 235 stops, 425 packages a day. Yesterday brought me to about 59 hours for the week.

You top rate guys say "no way" to an easy $48/hr? During the week, I gladly killed myself for $17.25/hr.