Anyone else being forced to work this Weekend?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's a different criteria of a qualitative nature and as long as you are better than your competitors, it is of questionable value.
I believe UPS's large shippers are willing to accept reduced service during peak times as long as the prices are kept lower.
Many, if not all large shippers, contracts with UPS forego any service failure guarantee refunds.
Of course, while little Joey's X-mas toy sits in a trailer until the New Year.
Corporate greed. Could be construed as fabulous planning and logistics but not from an employee POV, which this thread was intended.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I don't know what world you work in but the day after Christmas is a normal work day

Often, UPS will idle much of its feeder operations on Christmas Eve - for whatever reason - thus there's limited work available the day after Christmas. Where I'm at, we usually field a limited number of volunteers (or those forced to work) to handle the limited volume within the building on Dec. 26. Sometimes the work day has been cancelled.

Not this year. Our Preload is starting at 1:00AM Dec. 26 and Dec. 27. While we've been starting between 11:30PM-12:30AM most of the past three weeks, we never started before 1:30AM the entire peak in the last 10 years or so. Pretty amazing the amount of volume UPS is expecting.

jaker

trolling
Well here in the western conference the day after Christmas is a regular work day

I was forced to work Saturday but that didnt happen , I wish I could find out if it was a regular occasion because I would call out Monday and Tuesday

jaker

trolling
Well here all of your days start over on your hire date , so I get all my days in September which means I have plenty of days to use during this time of the year