Anyone else getting handsy?

Rawrzxor

So, I've been using gloves most of my 4 months working in the hub package handling, but, with the heat it's fairly unbearable to have them broiling; so, I've started working without gloves. Looking at the state of numerous pairs of gloves, I thought my hands would be taking a bigger beating, but they seem alright. Anyone else work without gloves?

However, when I'm not working, my hands feel like I've got arthritis. Anyone else have problems with their hands hurting like that after work?

In addition, I was wondering what you can do with seniority. Like. If I'm being sent off to a different section of the hub, can I just say, "I don't want to go. Send one of the 1-2-3 monthers"?

If I'm going to the restroom, and a 2 monther is using a specific urinal that I usually use, can I just use my seniority to yank him off of it? Stuff like that.

What all can you do with higher seniority?

Last edited:

mixyo

Dispatcher
I always use gloves. When I first started, I didn't, and it was impossible to get my hands clean, no matter how much I washed them. All the dirt and grime embeds itself into the skin, not to mention under the fingernails.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I always use gloves. When I first started, I didn't, and it was impossible to get my hands clean, no matter how much I washed them. All the dirt and grime embeds itself into the skin, not to mention under the fingernails.

Sent using BrownCafe App
8 years on preload...never wore gloves. I tried, but couldn't get used to them. I'll wash up with the green grit UPS soap before I leave...then scrub up when I get home with liquid lava soap and a fingernail brush. The key is, scrub your hands and nails after you shower...it loosens the dirt. I'm looking at my left hand as I type this...not a speck of grime on my skin...and nails are clean. And my hands are usually black with dirt when I punch out.

PT Car Washer

I also have never wore gloves working inside. The cardboard does dry your hands out. Maybe you are gripping the boxes too tight and that is why your hands are cramping up. Your sup has to pull people out of their area by seniority. With 4 months in, your sup may say you do not have an assigned work area. Don't get too cocky about seniority or someone may want to discuss it after work some night.

Pooter

I wear batting gloves and cut the thumb off during summer.

Mainly to hide the dirt. :) if people would see my dirty bare hands they would not touch the DIAD

mixyo

Dispatcher
Try "gorilla grip" gloves from home depot. They work perfect with the diad and they don't make your hands feel like they are boiling.
I use Mechanix FastFit gloves, they are very lightweight and work well. Not a driver though so I dunno about using them with DIAD.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HomeDelivery

FootJoy cold weather golf gloves. Thin, warm but expensive.

how are they vs the ups goat leather gloves?

https://www.twinhill.com/gensite/pr...DER<>folder_id=1408474395182943&bmUID=kp5o7xB

i'm not a member, so i can't see those prices
760-0017-201_lg_v1_m56577569830482459.jpg

from past experience, goat leather is more durable than the synthetic leather found on mechanix or harbor freight

i'm rockin' the fingerless gloves now & my hands stay fairly clean after a 12-14 hour day

Free-Shipping-Worldwide-Mechanix-Wear-Series-2-7-Framer-Sports-Fingerless-Gloves-L-New-RH-D0020.jpg