Anyone else hate the new Nissan trucks.... Man my back hurts after a shift

Slick silver

Man I swear these new trucks have no suspension and these seats have no give. Plus I bulk it out so quick while doing pm pick ups. It's not uncommon to come back to the terminal and switch out during my route.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The company specced out those vehicles especially for you in good faith. It's for your own good. Always remember, everything this company does is for your own good - dissolution of jumpseat and shift premiums, gutting of pension, deferment of (pathetic) "raises", constantly increasing your insurance premiums while decreasing coverage et al you-name-it, it's all done with nothing but your happiness and well-being in mind, my friend.

So you might be just a tad grateful.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The company specced out those vehicles especially for you in good faith. It's for your own good. Always remember, everything this company does is for your own good - dissolution of jumpseat and shift premiums, gutting of pension, deferment of (pathetic) "raises", constantly increasing your insurance premiums while decreasing coverage et al you-name-it, it's all done with nothing but your happiness and well-being in mind, my friend.

So you might be just a tad grateful.

That's right. Be glad they got rid out of your W700 that would take it all in one trip and was 100 times better to work out of. The gall...

Slick silver

True that. Luckily at my station when I come in if there is a w700 still sitting I snatch that bitch up. Way more room more power and feeling like I'm going to stay on the road especially when a big rig passes me up. I think fedex is going to regret it when all the w700 are gone. Heck the little Nissan motors are deffinitley not going to last that long especially with all the weight it's hauling everyday.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
True that. Luckily at my station when I come in if there is a w700 still sitting I snatch that bitch up. Way more room more power and feeling like I'm going to stay on the road especially when a big rig passes me up. I think fedex is going to regret it when all the w700 are gone. Heck the little Nissan motors are deffinitley not going to last that long especially with all the weight it's hauling everyday.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It was a really smart move to dump the W700s just as Amazon volume spiked. We have a bunch of routes that are now in Sprinters that bulk out every day. Such are the wise decisions that our leadership makes. Don't get me going, or I'll start talking about all of those DC10s sitting in the desert. You know, the ones we just bought 6 or 7 years ago, spent a zillion on converting from PAX to cargo, and now they're bat nests.

Slick silver

Maybe if they sell them to some over seas carrier, maybe we might see some raises..... Wishful thinking

Sent using BrownCafe App

HomeDelivery

Silver,

I've talked about this van ~ 2 years ago... click on the following:

http://browncafe.com/community/threads/new-vans.345465/

they have to marry a box-body to those chassis if they are expecting to carry more parcels per route...

maybe Express is finally experimenting with other cheaper models than those expensive Mercedes Sprinters...

I've even talked about that FWD dodge promaster cargo van in another thread... but any prospective buyer should slap a box body on it to maximize the cargo space

Its good for HD only, since we just brick it out in the AM sort & rarely have any pickups on the way in...

they're only good for rural routes where you have 70-80 stops and 200-300 miles per day

Serf

I agree the 700's are great. But wasn't the goal to comply with the Federal Clean Air Act. And cut fuel costs by billions over the course of the next decade?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree the 700's are great. But wasn't the goal to comply with the Federal Clean Air Act. And cut fuel costs by billions over the course of the next decade?

True. The Nissans and Sprinters have helped FedEx comply with the Federal Clean Air Act...ahead of schedule. They have also raised the fleet mpg. However, what good is that if the vehicles are a mismatch with what needs to get accomplished? The Isuzu would seem to cover both issues, but I don't see man of them. Bottom line: FedEx purchased the wrong type of vehicles.

Slick silver

I think they should have taken the w700 and do what the trucking industry did. That is eliminate weight, start with the dullies in the back and go with one big tire set up. Maybe that's a idea frieghtliner should of taken. I don't know why express never bought regular fuel trucks instead of diesels. Seeing as how diesel is beyond expensive now

Sent using BrownCafe App

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Clean air is grossly over-rated. And if everyone starts consuming less fuel, the oil companies will just jack up the price of crude accordingly, in order to recoup their loss of volume. The more oil we use, the more they jack the price up. The less oil we use, the more they jack the price up. Ya just can't win, so there's no point in even tryin' I say. Screw it all

Doc Sorting Dude

I have over 300,000 miles on my W700, It's getting to that point where in my parking space will be that ugly Nissan with that cheap plastic crap on the side. I'll just move it out and take someone else s W700. Our station is starting to look like some station in Tokyo!

Slick silver

Are station on has a dozen left and 2 are being pulled soon. There is only one that they just put a new motor in last year or so that will be around for maybe a couple more years. I'm going to miss them all. The other part that sucks about the new ones is that since im tall I'm always hitting my head on the back door when I'm going out the back to the a dock. No matter how many times I try to remember to duck In always like tim Taylor on home improvement hitting my head on that basement pipe

Sent using BrownCafe App

hypo hanna

IMO, a station should try and keep the mix of vehicles that best suits their operational needs and not the trucks Memphis thinks they need.
My station has also cut down the number of W700's for smaller trucks. The end result is more routes bulked out early and more late pickups while we scramble to get the right sized truck to the customer.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
IMO, a station should try and keep the mix of vehicles that best suits their operational needs and not the trucks Memphis thinks they need.
My station has also cut down the number of W700's for smaller trucks. The end result is more routes bulked out early and more late pickups while we scramble to get the right sized truck to the customer.
Sounds like a Fred system to me.