Anyone else having trouble getting uniforms?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Our center looks like a motley bunch of bums and hoboes. Uniforms are theadbare,tattered,holes in the pockets and we cant get replacements. I am down to One shirt and One pair of pants. on August 9 i turned in 4 shirts and a pair of shorts and have gotten nothing back.
My ORS says he has been trying to get me uniforms,but ALL requests are being denied due to cost cutting measures. I do enjoy pointing out how Over Allowed the company is on getting me new uniforms each morning when my ORS wants to discuss performance from the previous day :happy-very:

tourists24

big problem here too... I dont turn mine in til I get the new ones.... If they dont care how stupid it looks with all the holes and tears,,, I dont either.... much more comfortable anyway

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Ordered new winter jacket and vest a couple weeks ago and received about a week later. However, ordered a couple pair of shorts at the beginning of summer and never received them. Was told that no one in our center was going to get any summer uniforms. I don't sew, so I have resorted to using staples and duct tape to repair my pants. Look like a homeless person but I guess I just fit in perfectly with all the farmers on my route!

rocket man

article 42 uniforms shall be provided write a grievance want and need equipment to work you will have clothes in 3 days

rocket man

Get everything I need within a few days.
do you know what a contract is ? do you know the phone number to your local union hall? tell me when do they have meetings during the year? whos your agent? can i have the number ?i want to call your local and say hi your doing a good job or how do we fix a problem ect ect ect you will get your clothes STAND UP FOR YOUR SELF. or put your tail behind your legs and friend,,,,in wear rags so many questions on this site , you act like you dont no who to call who to ask in your center I know i dont get my point across somtimes you guys drive me crazy go to a union meeting they are boring but you learn a lot get involved. some say oh my managment team wont like me , the first time you screw up you see how much they like you. no matter how good you are,

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I filed a grievance for that same issue a couple of years ago, it was settled, and the company agreed to fill my uniform requests in a timely manner. Havent had any problems since. You can also push the issue by showing up in your street clothes, clocking on, and demanding your 8 hr gurantee. Your management team will be forced to choose between sending you home and paying you for 8, or letting you work without a uniform. Either way, your uniform order will be filled that night and shipped Next Day Air. They have the ability to fill your uniform order...you just have to help them develop the willingess.

O

OldSnake63

at my center we get to order new shirts and shorts once a year , usually on our anniversy date . we have alot of problems but uniforms are not one . they sent me home one time for having an over excessively wrinkled shirt . i said sure walk out came back the next day with my grievance and six months later i got my check !!! lol

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You can order pants from the Feedah dept.. we start at size 42 and up... we also carry elastic band pants and suspenders for the guy who likes the overhang tool shed look !!

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
1. Never turn in the old stuff until you get new stuff, and make sure they fit too.

2. Its simple wear the old crap, we had center manager who was big on looking good, but we could not get new uniforms. Pretty smart right. Well we would come to work after a bit with riped shirts, one guy came in with riped pants, guess what after a few weeks they started to approved new uniforms again.

3. How sad is it that we have to go to these lentghs to get new clothes.

Overpaid Union Thug

We keep getting told we are "cut off" by corporate and it happens about this time every year. Must be a budget thing. Last time I couldn't get uniforms I desperately needed just mentioning a grievance quickly set the wheels in motion.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We keep getting told we are "cut off" by corporate and it happens about this time every year. Must be a budget thing. Last time I couldn't get uniforms I desperately needed just mentioning a grievance quickly set the wheels in motion.

Its not a corporate thing; what it is is some bean-counting idiot finance manager at the Division or District level who has a bright idea about "cutting costs" in order to make himself look better on a report. This idiot doesnt wear a uniform himself, and he is either unaware or in denial of the fact that providing uniforms is a contractual obligation and not some act of kindness that the company does out of the generosity of its own heart. What the idiot also fails to comprehend is that "thinning out" the uniform ration doesnt even save any money in the first place, since the lifespan of a uniform is a function of how many times it is worn and washed rather than how "old" it is. If you only give me one uniform it will wear out 3 times faster than if you give me 3 uniforms, so unless I am a peak hire who will be gone the day after Xmas there isnt any point in refusing to fill my order.