Anyone else looking forward to the 4 day shortened workweek?

ManInBrown

Absolutely pumped:woohoo:

Any interesting plans for the long weekend?

Me, just going to take it easy and rest the body, possibly indulge in a few adult beverages:happy-very:

Z

ZQXC

No.

Plans......... Plans, Plans (Jim Mora voice)

Yeah, I got plans; I'll be working.
Just like always.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Just one less day for my triple time grievances.
we have FINALLY put an end to excessive OT in my center.
Drivers who have been paid Three times in Five months have a meeting with the BA,Labor Manager, Center Manager and Steward and so long as the driver is working safe,by the methods and has no other 'issues" management can blame the driver for the excessive OT the driver is pulled down to a manageable dispatch Three days of the week. We know we will all get buried come October but for now,during the summer in this heat its a Godsend. Those who have had meetings are told under NO CIRCUMSTANCES to work over 9.5 more than 2 days,even if it means bringing the truck in

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It's a beautiful thing. I must say the last three weeks have been brutal. Although my knees feel great the rest of me hurts.

Oh, yeah. In 2001 I missed May through July for a back injury. Came back in August, vacation a week later and the last week of October. Re-injured mid-November and off until February.

Best working year ever!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
we have FINALLY put an end to excessive OT in my center.
Drivers who have been paid Three times in Five months have a meeting with the BA,Labor Manager, Center Manager and Steward and so long as the driver is working safe,by the methods and has no other 'issues" management can blame the driver for the excessive OT the driver is pulled down to a manageable dispatch Three days of the week. We know we will all get buried come October but for now,during the summer in this heat its a Godsend. Those who have had meetings are told under NO CIRCUMSTANCES to work over 9.5 more than 2 days,even if it means bringing the truck in
Actually been a lot better here also. The new language however was supposed to make them try to keep you under 9.5 everyday. Not just 3 days a week so people won't file.

Absolutely pumped:woohoo:

Any interesting plans for the long weekend?

Me, just going to take it easy and rest the body, possibly indulge in a few adult beverages:happy-very:
I'm turning it into a four day weekend. Going out of town for a couple days to check out a good zoo and a great museum coming back and then going to the islands on Monday. Oh yea I almost forgot Friday the 4th. Cooking out with the family and going to the fireworks. Good family weekend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And the extra $$$ when you get called in.

Before leaving on Friday, I gave my on-car a list of tips for my route, which included any closings and the status of the construction projects on area. The very last sentence was "Please do not call me".

I am having a new window installed tomorrow, some plumbing work done on Tuesday and my son will be home for the rest of the week as he has a wedding to go to on the 4th. Plus, as I mentioned above, it is supposed to be hot all week, so I'll pass on any extra work.