Anyone else seeing a HUGE increase full time jobs?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My center is adding Ten FULL TIME drivers,and most centers in my local are adding the same if not more full time positions. Its GREAT to see!

My center is adding Ten FULL TIME drivers,and most centers in my local are adding the same if not more full time positions. Its GREAT to see!
Not here! we had several drivers retire, several get fired, even more get bought out in the last 5 years! How many new full timers =0.....and people wonder why we vote NO!

Packmule

Nope. Not here. Just get told we need sales leads cause FedEx is eating us alive.
I've seen an explosion of management/clerical last few years, though. Never enough people tippy tapping on computers and standing around with their hands in their pockets.

mdnj88

10 hires in past year.. 3 casuals were given book right after peak and we have a part time full time transfer in his 30 days currently.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

They are reinstating the day ramp at PHL with a vengeance, a shift they had eliminated in '08.

Rumor has it (via the FNN) that a night sort is going to be put in metro Philly, which, among other things, may lead to them hiring feeder drivers off the street here, after it taking nearly ten years to create just one new posting. I may have picked a great time to get into feeders.

I've mentioned before they put on five new drivers last year in my center, and another three have join them this year. I don't even know what's going in the other centers.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I hope. Just growing volume would be better. Maybe I can retire and not get notified there is no pension cause Brown went under! I'm likin' this post!

UPS did say they were going to invest in their facilities and equipment to be better prepared for next peak. The simplest way to add "equipment" is to hire more drivers. As had been mentioned, there was probably a significant deficit of drivers anyway.

I wonder if this hiring binge may affect FedEx. Could they lose some of their better drivers to us, and lose some good prospects to us? Might they have to increase their compensation package?

Johney

9 last year and I think 17 through this year. We also are using driver trainers as there isn't enough sups to train every one.

MAKAVELI

UPS did say they were going to invest in their facilities and equipment to be better prepared for next peak. The simplest way to add "equipment" is to hire more drivers. As had been mentioned, there was probably a significant deficit of drivers anyway.

I wonder if this hiring binge may affect FedEx. Could they lose some of their better drivers to us, and lose some good prospects to us? Might they have to increase their compensation package?
I know I'd leave in a heartbeat if I could be hired off the street. Some of my co-workers wouldn't because they don't want the workload you guys have. But with no wage progression, no pension, and friend.....up health plan, it wouldn't be an issue for me.

mikepvx

They're hiring around 48 drivers in my center, metro-Detroit area. We have a lot of older drivers waiting for the new contract to go through and retire, also a new center is opening and may take in drivers from the surrounding areas.

Sent using BrownCafe App