Anyone else's union steward and on route sup buddies?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Thead Shi, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Thead Shi

Thead Shi Member

Just curious if any body has a steward that hangs out with the boss occasionally outside of work. Or if they both meet in the sups office to discuss discipline before talking with the manager. OOOOOOR if they both give part of the pcm with both speaking about how we need to be below scratch and watch out back firsts and not to bitch about 9.5 yada yada. Anyone else or just us?

• Old Old x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Thead Shi

Thead Shi Member

Well thanks for marking this old, good to see the issue is still around.

But for those of you that this is an old topic and have something to add, like if you tried to get it fixed and the result please share!

3. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Active Member

It's good to have a respectful working relationship with the management team, but I draw the line with personal interaction. Stewards job in my opinion is to enforce the contract and protect all employees jobs, wages and working conditions, not to aid in the companies agenda.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Wrong

Wrong :))

The numbers thing is worth mentioning to your local leadership at a meeting. Have the balls to stand up there and say you’re sick of hearing union stewards talk about production numbers. That’s giving bad advice.

but being buddy buddy, I could care less about. Stewards who can maintain a good relationship with management have their role to play.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

sounds like you need a new stew

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

And one that's out on disability

7. H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker Mmm, Mombasa!

3sdcec.jpg

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

That's not allowed. It's in the contract.

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Are you stewards elected?

10. I would not trust that "steward"