Anyone Get Their Grievance Pay For Over 9.5s?

Overpaid Union Thug

Has anyone been paid, or know of someone that has, for their over 9.5 grievances? I've heard conflicting stories in my center. One is that none are ever paid (ANYWHERE!) and the other is that they are rarely paid.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Has anyone been paid, or know of someone that has, for their over 9.5 grievances? I've heard conflicting stories in my center. One is that none are ever paid (ANYWHERE!) and the other is that they are rarely paid.

I got paid double time under the last contract, and I certainly wasn't the only one in our building. The new triple time provision seems to have them running scared though, I can't get 3 out 5 to save my life :happy-very:.
The short answer is yes, they will pay. Stick to your guns and don't cut any deals.

txminer

Go Sox
I just sent in my weekly grievences for the last two weeks. I will keep you guys informed if I get them and when. Were here in West Texas and our Union rep says UPS are paying them in Amarillo, and Lubbock. They have cut runs on extended and sending us out with 10-12 hours dispatches.

iamhuge

Banned

Last year, we had a dozen paid. It does take awhile though. I really had to get on the Ba to push these through. This year nobody is filing for whatever reason.

wornoutupser

I have unpaid greivances going back over a year. UPS has sent them all to the Panel.

I wonder if we can file a civil lawsuit over this. It is in print in black and white and should be an easy win in court...........

Overpaid Union Thug

I have unpaid greivances going back over a year. UPS has sent them all to the Panel.

I wonder if we can file a civil lawsuit over this. It is in print in black and white and should be an easy win in court...........

Honestly I'm getting sick of both sides because of this. It seems like grievances are just swept under the rug. Many of the drivers in our center don't even have to balls to file but those of use do seem to be wasting our time.

TheDick

If you keep good documentation then you ought to get paid. Our BA is a POS so you have to keep documentation on him too. When u fax your greivence you have to wait for the transmission confirmation so the BA cant say he didnt get it cuz he did. And you have proof. My center manager will deny getting greivences so u need to keep copies. Keeping a journal for documentation is good ammo for when u get progressive discipline.Dont tell anybody u keep a journal either-its to CYA not anybody eles' .One guy with a big mouth had undivided attn from the center manager for a year or more.Then filed for harrassment and the BA told he couldnt file cuz the center manager was black and my brother was italian. Haha! we all had a good laugh at our brothers expense, so we started filing for evrything and never looked back.

To answer your question, yes they pay plenty. Our center was so bad that they had to change monthly meetings for 9.5's only to 6month meetings for 9.5's. And the labor guy even came to meetings also, Our BA could spend the whole morning on 9.5's for a center of 50 drivers.It wasnt like this before, but we were slowly pushed into a corner by a horrible center manager that liiked to mess with you rather than "do the job right the first time"

PS If you center manager is an evil C-word she might hang onto ur "live check" for aslong as she likes, so keep on top of ur BA

M

Mike23

Just curious but does it SAY 9.5? I know in ours it never gives a number it just says drivers won't be given unfair overtime so. Now, if everyone is sent out with 10hrs work a day is it therefore unfair overtime since EVERYONE is doing it atm?

Braveheart

None were paid in the first 2 years of the last contract through the entire building where I work. I personally think there was an unwritten agreement between Hoffa and UPS.

Remember how there was the new long term disability clause but it did not take effect for two years. Then there was those new full time jobs they promised us, only none for the first two years of the contract.

Then the 9.5's were rarely paid over the next couple years and took for ever to get paid. They finally got paid at a decent clip in the final couple years of the last contract.

Only they changed it to an opt in opt out hogwash.

Then after the contract was signed the union and UPS went behind our back and changed the agreement to further restrict our rights to the 9.5 list by putting it under lock and key in the managers office where you can be intimidated into not signing it or threatened if you do sign it.

Plus they agreed that you can not get paid on the first one and if you fail to file on any then well they can not be used against the company. If you do file you have to first go in and "talk" about it with management.

Why do they get so much rope? When they can just fire us at will. Where is all our rope?

Overpaid Union Thug

None were paid in the first 2 years of the last contract through the entire building where I work. I personally think there was an unwritten agreement between Hoffa and UPS.

Remember how there was the new long term disability clause but it did not take effect for two years. Then there was those new full time jobs they promised us, only none for the first two years of the contract.

Then the 9.5's were rarely paid over the next couple years and took for ever to get paid. They finally got paid at a decent clip in the final couple years of the last contract.

Only they changed it to an opt in opt out hogwash.

Then after the contract was signed the union and UPS went behind our back and changed the agreement to further restrict our rights to the 9.5 list by putting it under lock and key in the managers office where you can be intimidated into not signing it or threatened if you do sign it.

Plus they agreed that you can not get paid on the first one and if you fail to file on any then well they can not be used against the company. If you do file you have to first go in and "talk" about it with management.

Why do they get so much rope? When they can just fire us at will. Where is all our rope?

I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding the over 9.5 list being kept in the managers' offices. They can only intimidate those that allow themselves to be intimidated. And as far as the threats for for signing it goes.....same rule applies. Those that allow themselves to cave in every time they are threatened will continuously be walked on by management.

705red

Browncafe Steward
The 9.5s have been paid out here until just recently. Now they are being deadlocked and are scheduled for panel on the 16th of this month.

Ups is trying to say that they have made an attempt to lower the drivers hours! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, They call taking one stop off and giving you a 20 stop split an attempt! HAHAHAHAHHA

Overpaid Union Thug

The 9.5s have been paid out here until just recently. Now they are being deadlocked and are scheduled for panel on the 16th of this month.

Ups is trying to say that they have made an attempt to lower the drivers hours! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, They call taking one stop off and giving you a 20 stop split an attempt! HAHAHAHAHHA

I heard a sup here telling another sup that they shouldn't have to honor these grievances when a driver is "over allowed" on a day they go over 9.5. I just laughed.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I heard a sup here telling another sup that they shouldn't have to honor these grievances when a driver is "over allowed" on a day they go over 9.5. I just laughed.
I do love those arrogant sups! Just ask them how much of a raise did they get this year! LOL That usually shuts them up!