Anyone had a full body scan?

quad decade guy

I hear advertisements for full body scans. To detect blockage in arteries in the neck etc.

Anyone had one?

My Doctor has never mentioned it or have I thought to ask. I get the normal bloodwork and all.

I have a cardiologist. I get stress tests now and then. So far, no blockage(so he says). Etc.

I know of folks who's heart attacks/strokes and such are usually complete surprises/shock.

Could one of these scans have been preventative?

Heart disease/stroke runs broadly in my Family.

If insurance paid or not....would you get one?

Thoughts?

oldngray

nowhere special
Probing.gif

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I'd pay a few hundred out of pocket if it was available to me. I'll have to try to remember to ask the doc if it's in their health network.

quad decade guy

I'd do it if it was free. More out of curiosity than anything else.
Definitely wouldn't pay for it!
Ok.

Just out of curiosity?

Only if free...

I'd be willing to pay a couple hundred.....to prevent a stroke.....you bet!

Matter of fact....be willing to pay A LOT more.^^^^^^^^^^

I'm surprised of the responses....well not really.

over9five

Staff member
Ok.

Just out of curiosity?

Only if free...

Just out of curiosity because it would interest me to see how and what it picks up.

Only if free because I am not currently living in fear of having a stroke.

Sheesh...

quad decade guy

Just out of curiosity because it would interest me to see how and what it picks up.

Only if free because I am not currently living in fear of having a stroke.

Sheesh...
Preventative medicine is living in fear?

Ok.

I don't live in "fear" of having a stroke. However, my Dad had one at 39. My Mom in law 10 years ago. Stroke killed my Aunt(Dad's sister). If a simple scan could be preventative....I'm all in.

Stroke can be devastating to your quality of life and many others(Family).

I have a friend who has COPD and coughs about every 3 minutes while we talk on the phone. Lifelong heavy smoker(50 years)(still is). Him: "I'm going to die from something....". Ok. I guess he doesn't live in fear either....

We had a local 41 year Circle of Honor feeder guy(Top Hand) die in the hospital after having chest pains. Lifelong heavy smoker also.....I wonder if a scan would have detected heart disease? I'm sure all the folks around him, wish they had it to do over again....

Sheesh.....back at ya.

quad decade guy

I said "sheesh" because I took the time to honestly answer your question, and your reply to me HAD to include a snarky little remark at the end.

I no longer wonder why you have no friends here.
Fair enough.

Not here for friends though.

Just an honest, free from censorship/ to be treated equally conversation.

satellitedriver

I hear advertisements for full body scans. To detect blockage in arteries in the neck etc.

Anyone had one?

My Doctor has never mentioned it or have I thought to ask. I get the normal bloodwork and all.

I have a cardiologist. I get stress tests now and then. So far, no blockage(so he says). Etc.

I know of folks who's heart attacks/strokes and such are usually complete surprises/shock.

Could one of these scans have been preventative?

Heart disease/stroke runs broadly in my Family.

If insurance paid or not....would you get one?

Thoughts?
Whole-body scans are a poor screening tool.
No medical societies recommend whole-body scans. That's because there is no evidence that the scans are a good screening tool. Whole-body scans find cancer tumors in less than two percent of patients without symptoms.
Stick with your trusted doctor's advice, on how to test and protect your life and health.
IMHO, it is just a scam to make money.
If the scan found anything, you would still have to go a qualified doctor for further diagnosis and treatment.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ok.

Just out of curiosity?

Only if free...

All they would do is put you on lipitor anyway.