Anyone hear this yet

Kevin211

1.Starting Jan. 1st they will be cutting all run (feeders) to only be 8hrs.
2.Also they will be merging districts also. (This may allow us to bid into other centers)

raceanoncr

1.Starting Jan. 1st they will be cutting all run (feeders) to only be 8hrs.

That's gonna be kinda hard to do with some of the over-600-mile runs we got.

Hmmmm....maybe turn the tractors up to, say, 80-82 MPM?

Uh, count me out! I'll just work 8 hrs.

It's the reason I came here in the first place 31 yrs ago (boy, was I disillusioned).

Kevin211

I find it hard also that they are going to knock all the runs down to 8hr, they would have hire alot more drivers to perform "meet and turns"

In New jersey and new york they can bid hubs if they choose to.

over9five

Staff member
I don't think they can bring *all* feeder jobs down to 8 hours, but here in CHEMA they have brought *most* jobs down to near 8.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I don't think they can bring *all* feeder jobs down to 8 hours, but here in CHEMA they have brought *most* jobs down to near 8.

Same here, I believe. Well, at least it seems so.

I find it ironic that the job I don't mind working overtime is being cut back, but the job I despised overtime on, (package car) the company seems to be adding it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Same here, I believe. Well, at least it seems so.

I find it ironic that the job I don't mind working overtime is being cut back, but the job I despised overtime on, (package car) the company seems to be adding it.

THat was going to be my joke but did not seem funny enough

3. Starting Jan 1st they will be upping package car hours to 16 hour days.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
No way that they can cut all the feeder runs to 8 hours. We have one run that runs 403 miles, has to make one drop, and wait on another hub to finish loading a trl. No way that run will ever see 8 hours.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The company is begining its quest to "collapse" districts. West LA will "collapse" effective monday October 19th.

Buildings will be combined under 1 division manager. Outlying areas will move to another district (Coast).

Changes are indeed coming, dont think they can make the 8 hour goal in feeder to be a reality. Too many other "bad" decisions being made in the operation that will affect this goal.

We have been running 12 to 13 package hour days all year long, our return to building times are slowing down the unload, sort, and load walls making the feeders pull late..

If this continues, they will never see 8 hour feeder runs.

:peaceful:

Kevin211

We are hearing alot more about the merging of districts,
Looks like we are going with Lauraul Mountains. My question is will my retirement still be kept with Central states (Reading Pa, is the fund office) From what we hear Lauraul Mtn. fund is not doing well, and that the fund took there raises to help the fund.

I feel this is going to really put a hurting on all of us in the long run.

Kevin211

Jimmmy,
That i do know is correct, I'm questioning my retirement, will it go into the other plan..which sucked lost money big time...or stay where it's at.