Anyone in the Navy?

Fnix

I plan on joining the Navy later this year. Any of you have any good stories of your times in the Navy?

drewed

Shankman
No, one of my buddies from high school is, hes stationed on an arliegh burke destroyer been to hong kong, singapore, australia....he thanked me for talking him into being stationed on the west coast.....whats your speciality going to be?

Fnix

No, one of my buddies from high school is, hes stationed on an arliegh burke destroyer been to hong kong, singapore, australia....he thanked me for talking him into being stationed on the west coast.....whats your speciality going to be?

I hope to get into Mechanics

drewed

Shankman
HAHA guys very funny.....

But seriously just curious, either way you could come out in 6 years and make bookoo money

moreluck

golden ticket member
At the release of "In The Navy", both Victor Willis & Alex Briley appeared as sailors in the Village People group.

Just a nugget of knowledge you all couldn't live without. :wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Went into the Navy in 82. Should have stayed in, would've been retired by now. Instead, I got out, and walked in the dessert for 40 years, (Figuratively), before finding my brown calling.

DS

Fenderbender
My grandfather was a navy man ,heres a pic I scanned he sent back .
sailor.jpg

Channahon

Have not been in the Navy, but a very good friend of mine, his son joined last September. He is now on a destroyer ship in the Persian Gulf on his way to the Suez Canal. Six months at sea, should be home by April of 2009.

His experience, so far, and he went in as an Eagle Scout, which upped his initial rank and pay.

Basic training very intense, rules to abide by, guard watch, limited communications (no cell phones, pagers, or email) intially, priveleges earned, attire code.

You show up for basic training and they take away all your personal possesions that you came with, and give you issue uniforms, which by the way, come out of your pay. Some have their clothes sent back home and others donate their clothes to charity.

Get a nice haircut, if you have wisdom teeth, they'll yank those out compliments of the Naval dentist, when needed.

Could be the best 4 years of your life!! Might even meet a life partner.

Fnix

It is hard for me to decide whether to stay with UPS or go the 20 years Navy. I will try driving and at least I have a backup.