Anyone injured being denied by Liberty Mutual ?

Ive been injured for the past 2+ yrs, was in pkg car accident while parked and looking for the pkg, while in the back of the truck...ended up getting rear ended and back injuries.....I recieved the the mandatory 2 yrs of workers comp, now that that's over, I had to apply for state disability..started off with Gallagher Bassett, and now with liberty mutual. I have multiple injury areas in my back, but for the past 2 yrs I have only been seen for one of them...as far as liberty mutual goes, I've had a total of 4 different adjusters.....and everything my doc has ordered has been denied.....due to the constant stress of having to worry about making ends meet and being at their freaking mercy, I have developed anxiety attacks....I have reported this to my doc as soon as I figured out what it was, he reported it to liberty and they pretty much said....it wasn't a physical injury caused by the accident...so sorry cant do anything to help you out ;) . So for 2+ yrs, I was being a company man...playing by the rules, being a team player, not ruffling any feathers...but in the meantime I'm being denied any possible treatment....and having UPS mngmnt meeting with my Dr....urging him to release me back to full duty...Really ?....just goes to show you....we're just cattle....I also have other friends and kniw other drivers with injuries that liberty has denied treatment, or have tried to buy them off

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You didn't file a claim against the other person's insurance and get a lawyer?

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Yes, sure did...after a search of countless lawyers that wouldn't take a personl injury case....my chiropractor at the time found me one.....and on the worker's comp case, I finally decided to get one....liberty was and still is giving me the run around...I was just trying to be a team player

toxic88

Lawyer up. Liberty mutual main focus is to save money. Don't take their job retraining program. Most if not all jobs fall in the $10 range. I had a back injury on the job as well and was out close to a year and a half. I had my claims paid for but they were trying to buy me out. It's just a game and unfortunately you need to get a lawyer. Now one thing you do need to do is ask yourself if you really want to do this job for the rest of your life. My back is really friend- up but I had too much time to walk away. I learned to deal with the pain and work as safely as possible. Good luck and let your lawyer do the work.

Lawyer up. Liberty mutual main focus is to save money. Don't take their job retraining program. Most if not all jobs fall in the $10 range. I had a back injury on the job as well and was out close to a year and a half. I had my claims paid for but they were trying to buy me out. It's just a game and unfortunately you need to get a lawyer. Now one thing you do need to do is ask yourself if you really want to do this job for the rest of your life. My back is really friend- up but I had too much time to walk away. I learned to deal with the pain and work as safely as possible. Good luck and let your lawyer do the work.

Yeah, after the 2 yrs I finally had to lawyer up....they honestly left me no choice....I know what you mean...I have some good yrs under my belt now too

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
People wonder why I didn't claim my knee replacements as "work related." At least Teamcare came through and I have had no problems. It's sad that they are fighting you instead of doing the right thing.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've heard nothing but stories from guys who been out on comp about taking weeks to start getting checks from them, or not getting paid the correct amount. I hope I never have to deal with that myself.

Johney

Two years to lawyer up? Who has been giving you advice so far? Good luck bud, lawyering up now. You better get a good one,you're gonna need it. You do realize that just getting an attorney involved now that it still may take months to get even into the court system? Depending on the case load of comp cases in your area.

Johney

People wonder why I didn't claim my knee replacements as "work related." At least Teamcare came through and I have had no problems. It's sad that they are fighting you instead of doing the right thing.
That's what they do. If they get 2 out of 10 people to buckle and fold on comp cases they win. Take yourself for example. You chose the easier way of dealing with your problem. Now in reality was your knee replacement needed due to the job?(Don't answer that)I have heard of guys getting hurt and filing through personal insurance so as not to have to deal with comp and all the headaches that go along with it. Don't be suprised if sometime down the road our beloved TEAMCARE doesn't start questioning people with injuries/surgeries similar to yours how and when they actually happened. I assure you they don't want to pay for something that should really be paid for by Liberty. Just my 2 cents.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's sad you could do everything right, know all your safety slogans backwards and forward, take safety as a personal responsibility and the company treats you like crap and just tosses you around like garbage. Not sure why the union or your local doesn't take a stronger position in making sure full-fledged dues paying members get the dignity from UPS and the insurance companies that are deserved.

Maybe they do but I haven't been injured yet and hope I get through the rest of my career that way.

Two years to lawyer up? Who has been giving you advice so far? Good luck bud, lawyering up now. You better get a good one,you're gonna need it. You do realize that just getting an attorney involved now that it still may take months to get even into the court system? Depending on the case load of comp cases in your area.

Yeah, I figured, they're taking care of me, so just let it play out...its not until liberty took over at the beginning of the year that it turned into a freakin nightmare....4 different adjusters, every treatment the doc would order was being denied off the bat....I have to Drs that im dealing with now, my primary that's dealing with my lower back...and a second one thats treating my upper back...epidural shots dont take...and freakin liberty denied a shot, cause the doc supposedly didn't state that I was in pain....lol...freakin kidding me !!!

Johney

Yeah, I figured, they're taking care of me, so just let it play out...its not until liberty took over at the beginning of the year that it turned into a freakin nightmare....4 different adjusters, every treatment the doc would order was being denied off the bat....I have to Drs that im dealing with now, my primary that's dealing with my lower back...and a second one thats treating my upper back...epidural shots dont take...and freakin liberty denied a shot, cause the doc supposedly didn't state that I was in pain....lol...freakin kidding me !!!
I feel for ya bud I do. It is a shame. Get with a lawyer ASAP, hopefully it's not too late and you can get one too take your case. Good luck. Sad but you're gonna need it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I tore my rotator cuff in 2013 pulling a fifth wheel. Went to the dr the next day. They ordered an MRI. The MRI folks were right next door and I scheduled it for the next day, and had it done. 2 days after an on the job injury and already had an MRI. Some kind of record. I called my manager a couple of days later and he said "I understand liberty mutual denied your MRI." I said, nope, I got it so fast that their denial didn't get to the company dr in time. During the course of my rehab, surgery and rehab, (I had rehab twice) LM had me so frustrated. I kept a journal, writing down every appointment, every conversation and every time I called them and who I talked to. Liberty mutual acts like they are your friend. I had cortisone shots, therapy and doctor visits denied by them sometimes for no apparent reason. then they would ok them and by the time I got to the dr's office, they would be denied again. The company dr said "You're cleared to go back to work." Your workmans comp stops right then. I retired immediately. That was 4 months ago, and my shoulder still hurts me. Be watchful of those snakes. There is nobody looking out for your welfare but YOU!

Indecisi0n

People who don't file through workers comp are hurting themselves even more. If there are any future injuries related to the original injury you cannot claim it. Also don't forget the up front lawsuit money.

undies

I got a lawyer for my list time injury and let him deal with the company BS. If anything you can ask your local to recommend a lawyer that is friendly to the union and familiar with the way UPS works. Good luck.

turdbrown

Talk to your union rep./stewart to get more information on what you can do about your situation. keep a timeline of the events that have taken place in your claim. Start from the day you were injured to the present. Had 2 claims with Gallagher and had no issues. I m out on comp now and I was dealing with Liberty. They would tell my Dr. on the phone that they would approve treatment. I would get a letter a few weeks later denying that treatment. I got a lawyer through the union. It was free, no retainer. Only have to pay 15% if I am rated at a functional loss. If you get injured again at work, get a lawyer right away to protect yourself and stat in contact with your union