Anyone know of any good footwear?

txmomof2b2g

I wear Doc Martens .. they are comfortable. I bought them as I did the driver helper and still wear them while I sort. I bought them on recommendation from a driver friend. They are pricey I paid $85.00 for them.

SmithBarney

I've worn Docs for Loading, tried using them for driving, first pair was great
second pair I had problems with(same size/model) Ever since DocM stopped
making the shoes in england, the quality has suffered.. I decided to get a pair
of Timberline boots more like a brown leather sneaker/hiker... very nice..
and much lighter than the docs... Another recommendation is get a good
set of orthodics... orthodics aren't just for people with bad feet.. get a full
foot ortho and you'll swear you've only been on your feet for a fraction of the time.

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
I wear all black New Balance athletic shoes in the summer. I used to wear DM's. While they are comfortable and long lasting, I find them to be a little on the heavy side for driving all day. In the winter I wear the same New Balance shoes, but with NEO's brand overshoes. They are light and water-proof. About the greatest thing ever for someone in our line of work.

HazMatMan

Wolverines with Durashocks. Not cheap either but have lasted me longer than any Redwing product.

Had the wolverines too, bottoms kept splitting though, like a defect or something, so I switched to red wings. Most comfortable boot I have ever worn!! paid about 120 dollars, worth every penny....

Cementups

Box Monkey
Maybe I'm old but I love my Rockports.

Yes, you're old.

I tried Rockports as my very first pair of shoes as a driver on the recommendation of the training supervisors. They blew out in about 2 weeks. I'm sure it doesn't help that I am a big guy, but for the price they should have lasted longer.

My next show will probably be....

Our bosses have become very understanding on how hard it is to find a completely black or brown polishable leather shoe so we tend to slide by with a lot.

My newest winter boots are these Nike ACG boots:

N

no user name

I've had many different pairs boots and shoes I think the best pair of shoes I've had were from the walking company and they were Eccos. The best pair of boots I have for the winter are 5.11 tactical's which I bought from a police supply store and they are like walking on air all day. I think I paid 120 but they're well worth the money when working 5 days over 10.

DorkHead

I wear Rocky Eliminator 2.2 for winter. Extremely light and thinsulate insulation with Gortex lining.

Summer-Rocky walkers, also very light and best of all, Made in America

txmomof2b2g

I bought a pair of Dr. Scholls before returned them that was a pair of tennis shoes.
You will have to give an update on how your doggies feel tomorrow!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Those Nike Acg Boots look too good to be worn to work. Can you tell me how long before they can get "broken" in... Also, Police Tactical "High-Tops " are great all weather shoes, but still not strong enough to handle the kind of everyday wear and tear of a UPS pkg driver.