anyone know what the contract says about working on sunday

ANY day that is your 7th is double time. If you max your 60 hours the you need 34 off to reset your clock,if you have hours available then you need 10 off before you can punch in again.

barnyard

KTM rider
ANY day that is your 7th is double time. If you max your 60 hours the you need 34 off to reset your clock,if you have hours available then you need 10 off before you can punch in again.

That is correct, but you will still need to have a 34 hour break after the 7th day.

TB

Johney

Thank you. I haven't come close to 60 hours in a few years so some of the hour stuff I'm not too sure about.

That is correct, but you will still need to have a 34 hour break after the 7th day.

TB
Nope,work my 7th all the time. As long as I have 10 off before I punch in on my day 1 scheduled start time I`m good. What I don`t do is max my 60 in 7 days.I work 1 - 5,skip 6,sign up for work on 7,off 10 hours,start 1-5 again.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

ANY day that is my 7th day in a row is double time? does it matter that I am pt and not ft?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
ANY day that is my 7th day in a row is double time? does it matter that I am pt and not ft?
46+2, it shouldn't make any difference ft or pt. Contract language is generally similar for both ft and pt.

It won't hurt to try it. Talk to your steward and Arnold.

You know thats one I`m not sure of. I believe you follow the OT the same as we do as far as 6th day is 1.5 and 7th is 2x but I will admit it`s been a long time since I was PT.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Cach, 46+2 is on a m-friend preload and they changed the start time to 11 tonite because of volume. I am not sure how this will play out, but my guess is that they will consider this a m start. I could very well be wrong.

bluehdmc

If you are driving you cannot drive on monday. You have to have 34 hrs off before driving.

No, theoretically you could work 7 days a week, 365 days a year 8.5 hrs a day, never exceeding 60hrs in a 7 day period. Or you could work say 10 hrs a day for 5 days, off the 6th and then 9.5 hrs the 7th and be able to report to work on Monday, providing you were off 10 hrs and would not go over 60 hrs before midnite on that day. DOT hrs run midnite to midnite, so after midnite sunday is considered monday's hours, and so on.
If you're a feeder driver, with the IVIS after midnite you can punch the log on it, scroll down to summary and it will tell you the # of hours available for that day. Sometimes it may say you have more than 14 available, you have to disregard that, (must be some sort of glitch in the program, I've had it say I had 23.5 hrs available, which was what I had available in the remainder of that 7 day period) but if it was to say for example you had 4 hrs available you better punch out by 4am. (note if you haven't had your lunch and take it that time doesn't count towards your available hours, you would then have to punch out by 5am). It seems confusing at first but once you get used to it, it's not that hard to figure out. Also the IVIS rounds up or down 15 min, this is the same way the paper log books work.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I've been involved with DOT regulations for a long time. You are required to have a 34 hr period off the clock at the end of your 60 hr/7 day period. UPS enforces this for pkg car. Why? I couldn't tell you but I can guess.

I've been involved with DOT regulations for a long time. You are required to have a 34 hr period off the clock at the end of your 60 hr/7 day period. UPS enforces this for pkg car. Why? I couldn't tell you but I can guess.

If you max 60. Then you need 34 off at any time to reset.

Cach, 46+2 is on a m-friend preload and they changed the start time to 11 tonite because of volume. I am not sure how this will play out, but my guess is that they will consider this a m start. I could very well be wrong.

If 462 is m-friend,12:01 am or later obviously,then start at 11pm on Sunday is 462s 7th day. You could start at 11:59pm Sunday if your a 12:01am M-friend starter and its 7th day all day. It`s the difference between 2x pay and straight pay with us. We just love it when a sup runs into the lunchroom and says "I need you to start right now" if it`s before midnight. Yes Sir! Right away Sir! Ca-Ching.