Anyone know why feeders doesn't have maps in the IVIS?

Cowboy Mac

Sure would be handy.....

We were always told too distracting....so, it's not for pkg?

Anyone? Cost being obvious.
That’s the last thing we need in feeders. The maps in package would send me through a “shortcut” off the highway and through a high school parking lot, then back on the highway again. Or through a golf course. Or on a dirt road through someone’s private ranch.

Last thing I need is to be pulling a set and their stupid map tells me to go through a residential neighborhood or something

mcsketcher

That’s the last thing we need in feeders. The maps in package would send me through a “shortcut” off the highway and through a high school parking lot, then back on the highway again. Or through a golf course. Or on a dirt road through someone’s private ranch.

Last thing I need is to be pulling a set and their stupid map tells me to go through a residential neighborhood or something
Yep. Mentor and sup told me to just follow the diad. It does the stupidest stuff constantly, and either way I’m always over.

Winging it with the map I make 1-2 mistakes in an unfamiliar area. The diad is a perpetual mistake.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Yep. Mentor and sup told me to just follow the diad. It does the stupidest stuff constantly, and either way I’m always over.

Winging it with the map I make 1-2 mistakes in an unfamiliar area. The diad is a perpetual mistake.
On the way to my delivery area, navigation has me detouring down a dirt driveway and coming back out the neighbor’s dirt driveway. I couldn’t imagine using this navigation blindly in feeders.

nWo

That's probably what's wrong with those Swift drivers? Like why you detouring through a church's parking lot?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Because everything ups does is backwards. Google maps would help tremendous with route planning and traffic.
And for you package people who always want to put your 2 cents in. you cant see it while driving anyway. The screen turns off over 5 mph.

pkgdriver

That's probably what's wrong with those Swift drivers? Like why you detouring through a church's parking lot?
4C93AD16-DFF8-4875-85C8-F6DF8254470E.jpeg

Stolen from another post on this site.

qdg2

You should probably know where you are going as a feeder driver.
Oh?

You aren't a feeder driver...are you?

The first 5 years, I went someplace different every day. Hundreds of miles in different directions......road closures due to accidents etc....and we have height restrictions.

qdg2

To all.....

I was talking about trucker maps...not something UPS comes up with. Not DIAD level. TRUCKER GPS accounts for height restrictions and commercial paths.

qdg2

Not cost effective due to few stops/trips
Oh?

Ever been a feeder CPU? Thrown onto an unfamiliar job? Full of pickups? On a tight schedule?

Guarantee it would be way more cost effective than standing in dispatch waiting on printed maps...

Now, we don't have IVIS maps because nearly every feeder driver uses his personal phone. Guarantee, we'd get IVIS maps if we stopped that.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Oh?

Ever been a feeder CPU? Thrown onto an unfamiliar job? Full of pickups? On a tight schedule?

Guarantee it would be way more cost effective than standing in dispatch waiting on printed maps...

Now, we don't have IVIS maps because nearly every feeder driver uses his personal phone. Guarantee, we'd get IVIS maps if we stopped that.
No,but I’ve done a lot of pkg car routes blind with 200 stops with heavy metros. And did it all without map nav. Just a paper map from local gas station

qdg2

+
To all.....

I was talking about trucker maps...not something UPS comes up with. Not DIAD level. TRUCKER GPS accounts for height restrictions and commercial paths.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Oh?

Would you like to lead the insurrection

qdg2

No,but I’ve done a lot of pkg car routes blind with 200 stops with heavy metros. And did it all without map nav. Just a paper map from local gas station
You bought? Provided?

Most feeder maps we had were just 2( x's) start and finish.....not much detail in-between.