Anyone leave the country lately?

rustys954rr

I was thinking of heading out of the country on vacation in a couple weeks. Anyone have any issues with coming back to UPS, or do I just say friend it and go then take a bonus 2 week quarantine after vacation. Just curious if anyone's been out, or if I just stay tight lipped about it.

542thruNthru

I was thinking of heading out of the country on vacation in a couple weeks. Anyone have any issues with coming back to UPS, or do I just say friend it and go then take a bonus 2 week quarantine after vacation. Just curious if anyone's been out, or if I just stay tight lipped about it.

How and why would UPS know you left the country?

rustys954rr

How and why would UPS know you left the country?
Telematics obviously, haha. No idea, but there is some concern about getting back in the US if the rules change for some odd reason. I'm just figuring it's highly frowned upon at this time, and was curious if anyone had been through it in general.

JustDeliverIt

I would think it would be more of an issue depending what state you are in and what the rules are where you are. I'm in NY and we have over 30 states that we must quarantine for 2 weeks when we return, much less other countries. If you were to go voluntarily to somewhere you knew you would have to miss an additional 2 weeks of work because of it, don't think they would be too happy and I could see them trying to fire you.

If you had a valid reason like a family emergency or the status of where you were going changed after you got there, it's a different story. Not sure I'd risk my job for a week out of town.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As long as you follow any state or federal guidelines you should be fine. UPS isn't going to fire anyone for quarantining.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I would think you’d have to worry more about the country your going to than coming back.