Anyone OPT in 9.5 under new language yet?

undies

Curious if any utility/cover drivers have tried opting in 9.5 now that we can apparently do so regardless of being on a bid route. I'll be heading back in a few weeks and would love to hear some perspectives!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You can't yet. I tried this morning, but AFTER the contract went into effect (as of Friday), you need to work the 3 days over 9.5. So, the earliest you'd potentially be able to file is Wednesday

M

MenInBrown

You can't yet. I tried this morning, but AFTER the contract went into effect (as of Friday), you need to work the 3 days over 9.5. So, the earliest you'd potentially be able to file is Wednesday
One day down, 2 to go

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Called my BA today to ask how I file for triple time once violated on my 9.5 greivance. Was told that the new language states we must be violated 3 days in a calender week. Used to be 3 days in any 5 working day period. Guess I'll have to wait.

ncupser82

Called my BA today to ask how I file for triple time once violated on my 9.5 greivance. Was told that the new language states we must be violated 3 days in a calender week. Used to be 3 days in any 5 working day period. Guess I'll have to wait.
It's always been 3 days in the week! The biggest difference with this contract is that UPS can't pile work on us the last 2 days as retaliation for opting on to the 9.5 list. Which is nice because that's exactly what they've been doing to me... File baby file!

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Art 37, Section 1(c) uses "workweek" in the new and existing language (if you read the whole section) so if it was 3 in any 5 day period before while using the term "workweek" why does now mean a calendar week?

Last edited:

BrownTexas

Filed this week after working 3 9.5s 3 weeks ago, getting on the list, and then getting 5 9.5s last week. Their excuse "I didn't know you were on the list". Going to be a nice pay check.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Art 37, Section 1(c) uses "workweek" in the new and existing language (if you read the whole section) so if it was 3 in any 5 day period before while using the term "workweek" why does now mean a calendar week?
Prior to the contract being ratified my local did not use National language for penalty pay in regards to excess hours greivances. Our rider gave us the right to strike if 9.5 issues were not being met. We all realize that no one is going to walk a picket line for working 10 hours plus a day so we decided to go with the NM language. Under our rider we would be violated for any 3 working days in a 5 day period, even if a vacation was included in between.

10 point

Prior to the contract being ratified my local did not use National language for penalty pay in regards to excess hours greivances. Our rider gave us the right to strike if 9.5 issues were not being met. We all realize that no one is going to walk a picket line for working 10 hours plus a day so we decided to go with the NM language. Under our rider we would be violated for any 3 working days in a 5 day period, even if a vacation was included in between.
Yep. The language about the calendar week vs 3/5 is being clarified I heard.

ncupser82

Filed this week after working 3 9.5s 3 weeks ago, getting on the list, and then getting 5 9.5s last week. Their excuse "I didn't know you were on the list". Going to be a nice pay check.
Classic! They told me that I wasn't on the list until it went to the local panel...I told " that's OK you guys figure out if I'm on the list or not, I'll keep filing while you drag your feet!" Took another 2 weeks, but they figured it out!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think if you should be able to file if you work more than 9.5 hours or are dispatched with more than 9.5 hours work, regardless of whether you work 9.5 hours or not.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Are there any routes that make bonus anymore??? Seems like the "genie garage door opener hooked to your beltloop" was the final nail in the coffin. Typical corporation, give us a little technology to make the job easier and expect 10x the return out of it...lets take an hour because the door "sometimes" opens by itself...classic...whatever

ncupser82

Are there any routes that make bonus anymore??? Seems like the "genie garage door opener hooked to your beltloop" was the final nail in the coffin. Typical corporation, give us a little technology to make the job easier and expect 10x the return out of it...lets take an hour because the door "sometimes" opens by itself...classic...whatever
My center has a bunch of bonus routes...much to my dismay...guys are killing themselves to make an extra hour here or there...skipping lunches on top of that! Smh...

Sent using BrownCafe App

Foamer Pyle

I don't want to work 9.5 ever again, but they always blast me 2 days, and then pull work off the rest of the week. I think triple time should
Be automatic, anytime your work 10 hrs. Maybe then they would trim dispatch.

Sent using BrownCafe App

some1else

Banned
I cant wait. Our building also refuses to honor relief of overtime so im looking at
11.5 worked
2hours for failure to honor relief of overtime
2hours at 3x
1.5 hours at 1.5x
And 8 hours straight

18 straight hours about 580$x 5 days im seeing 3000$ plus possible

I wonder if they will ignore then9.5 list for cover drivers like they do the 8hours. I just fill them out for every single day all month until i get 2 honored. April i have 20 grieved 1 honored and 1 day i forgot to request on time