Anyone purchasing UPS Stock via Payroll?

teeitupmo

Anyone taking advantage of the 5% discount stock discount and purchasing Class A UPS Stock via Payroll deduction?

From what I understand, the PD money is held and every quarter Stock is purchased with that 5% discount.

Computershare didn't know who holds that money from payroll deduction, until next Stock purchase.

Any opinions about this, I would appreciate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The discount used to be 10% off of the lowest price of the quarter.

5% off of the stock price on the last day of the quarter is not enough of an incentive for me.

The money is held by the Company and forwarded to Computershare on the last day of the quarter.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's was a pretty dang good deal.
I use to max out every quarter if the price was right.
You had to hold for 2 years (IRS rule).
Seems like there was a max per pay quarter or maybe 10,000 shares per year.

I remember buying 10,000 shares one time (not via DESPP) ... one of the best financial moves of my life.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Anyone taking advantage of the 5% discount stock discount and purchasing Class A UPS Stock via Payroll deduction?

From what I understand, the PD money is held and every quarter Stock is purchased with that 5% discount.

Computershare didn't know who holds that money from payroll deduction, until next Stock purchase.

Any opinions about this, I would appreciate.
Not really sure what the question is but I did this and works great. Choose the reinvest dividends option and they do that for you. The stock is on a 2 year hold until u can cash them. Dividend reinvestment has no hold. Easy to watch and manage if you go to computershare.com and sign up

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I use to max out every quarter if the price was right.
You had to hold for 2 years (IRS rule).
Seems like there was a max per pay quarter or maybe 10,000 shares per year.

I remember buying 10,000 shares one time (not via DESPP) ... one of the best financial moves of my life.
Our Max is $200 a week I believe.

Box Ox

It's your job to take UPS's money, not the other way around.

Do yourself a favor, download the Robinhood app, do your homework and do your own investing.

I feel that way too. Personally, I'd rather put my $$ in a low fee index fund or 401K than UPS stock. Am I missing something?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It's your job to take UPS's money, not the other way around.

Do yourself a favor, download the Robinhood app, do your homework and do your own investing.

chasing stock trades is a waste of time

I feel that way too. Personally, I'd rather put my $$ in a low fee index fund or 401K than UPS stock. Am I missing something?

nope; index fund in an IRA/401k/HSA is the most surefire vehicle to long term wealth

UPS stock isn't a bad buy, but only after you've maxed the better vehicles

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
the 5% discount is applied BEFORE divy ex date. Your money is taken out every check for an entire quarter making $0.00. They then apply the 5% discount the day before the stock automatically loses 83 cents. Your 5% discount becomes even less! Look elsewhere to invest your money!