Anyone REGRET going to feeders?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Mace- It's just like riding a bike. Do the same thing every time, and you won't forget anything. And if the little voice goes off in the back of your head, go out and check, no matter what. I know I look like an ass, but I have stopped doing my paperwork at the hub, gone out and made sure I pulled the yellow valve. The yellow valve is your friend.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Most of the package car folks that go into Feeders never come back, but boy do they pack on the weight! I have seen a few double in size!

over9five

Staff member
There's starting to be a hell of a lot really fat package drivers here. More than in feeders.
Is package getting easier???

ibleedbrown

i wondered that too, with the demands of being a package car driver, how the hell do some people get fat? i understand how the feeder drivers get fat, but a package car driver? if you gain more than 5 pounds as a PCD that should be means for an immediate week long ride along lol!!!

happybob

Feeders
You will find many feeder drivers that do things their way. DONT do it. Do the job the way you are trained. Follow the steps for hooking and unhooking the same way he teaches you. If you have a question, no matter how stupid you think it may be, ASK it. Good luck.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
The MD test is pretty crazy, who parallel parks a feeder?
You have to in Ga. I passed the the parallel park test by 1/4". That is how close I came to the cone without hitting it.
In SC, no parallel park, but you have to make a 90º sight side back into a white line(supposed to be a dock) without going over the 1' wide line. Oh, you only get 1 pull up.

balland chain

I totally agree with Dracula, I was in package for 13 years. I passed up several feeder list during that time.. I finally decided to try it since package car had gotten so bad, and Hitlers brother was my supervisor..( yeah, I am jewish, and had big problems with him) my only regret was not going in sooner.. The hours are tough, but I am a night owl so I like it...I am use to being towards the bottom of the seniority list with my 26 years, since the senior guys with 40 + years just dont want to leave..

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

We have several CPU's that create a parallel park situation. The fun one is in a retarded outdoor mall, blind side parallel with uppity Scottsdale trophy wife traffic trying to get run over.

Stubnose Killa

Never be afraid to ask a senior driver a question no matter how trivial you may think it is and run a CB radio,you will learn more from other drivers than you will in training.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You have to in Ga. I passed the the parallel park test by 1/4". That is how close I came to the cone without hitting it.
In SC, no parallel park, but you have to make a 90º sight side back into a white line(supposed to be a dock) without going over the 1' wide line. Oh, you only get 1 pull up.
VA test is cake compared to that, you do a straight back and a curve back but you don't get any pullups.

MaceFremonti

Passed my CDL test...next up is the Production Week!

I actually surprised myself...I went right in the parallel park first attempt with no pull up. Once you figure out the right angle to put the pup at going into the space it's pretty easy. Offset back is essentially the same maneuver but with a short straight line back at the end.

Couple of other guys who went through a different feeder class than I did both failed their skills test last week. Apparently they both made it through the straight line back but then one blew out on the offset and the other lost it on the parallel park. Touching a cone equals auto fail!