Anyone take anything for joints, back, etc.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Anyone take herbal, or prescription meds for sore joints, backs, heads, etc? I have been looking for something natural to help with sore knees. There seems to be so much crap on the market, anyone have any success with any particular product.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There is a real good book, worth the read, called "the cure is in the cupboard."

I use oil of oregano. My knees hurt real bad, much better now. I also take it when I can feel a cold coming on, and I never get sick. Actually I have not had more than a little sinus problem, and hay fever, since, and it is less than it used to be. You can also use it topically on your joints.

Steward773

I've been taking glucosamine 750 chondroitin 600 (from GNC) for about a year now. 2 caplets every morning, It made my knees and left elbow feel better. I might try the six pack a night thing....:w00t:

rushfan

Hillbillie Heroin will take care of you. Ever since joining the feeder dept, all of the above don't hurt.
I too have used the glucosamine condroitin also. It worked for me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Celebrex under 200 mgs is a good anti-inflammatory if you are interested in legal prescriptions. As long as your body isn't allergic to it.:thumbup1: Budweiser or McCallen scotch works good for me after work.

DS

Fenderbender
I take multi vitamins and recently,calcium...my back is ok but by Friday my knees were getting pretty sore,and the calcium seems to help that.

helenofcalifornia

Advil gel caps, 3 every 4-6 hours kills the pain, not the problem. Ice on the weekends to reduce the inflammation. Again, helps with the pain, not the problem.

Jagz

I heard that all of that stupid Xango stuff we deliver works pretty well. I'm so sick of delivering it already and having people ask me if I tried it already, normally followed by "Oh I'm a distributor and can give you a great deal on it".

browniehound

My knees are killing me! I'm short and the 200+ times I use that high step on my 1985 non-power steering vehicle is taking its toll on my knee joints. Other than the physical pain of the job, I actually enjoy the work some days.

My question is, if I get a prescription from my doctor for a pain killer such as percocet, vicodan, or OC to help me manage my pain, can I still drive a package car? Is it safe to drive or operate machinery on these medications? Does anyone here use these or know a co-worker that uses these meds legally and drives for UPS?

I ask this because I can't imagine my body taking 20 more years of this abuse without something to manage the pain. And at the same time I don't want to be come dependent on these drugs just so I can do the job every day. To me, it appears to be a vicous cycle. Thanks in advance for your responses.

dillweed

Two plain aspirin on the way to work pretty much takes care of my pt preload pains.

I also feel that strong muscles surrounding the joints takes some of the stress from them. I've done yoga and it is a gentle stretching form of exercise that relaxes and strengthens.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would not want to take a pain medication, such as percocet while driving. I think though you can legally, I do know drivers who took it, but I dont know if they actually took it like in the eve, or while on road.
In some people you may be able to, but although vicodin doesnt phaze me, it may some people. Im lucky so far, 23 yrs and I hurt a little but not constantly.
By 800pm , I might be hurting, but I recover overnight pretty well.
I would go with the other suggestions, especially the exercise route. And I bet you are thinking, that you get enough exercise, but since your body is acclimated, you need more................to get a benefit. Same with heart rate etc.

helenofcalifornia

That's the one thing that kills me about this job. With all the work we do doing the day (and it's hard work, not paper clip work) we can't count it as exercise. Maybe conditioning? That's what our screwed up bodies think is normal. When the heck are we supposed to go work out?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I know what you are saying Helen.
I went to cardiac rehab with my husband a few times, and I dont get winded etc, and I thought I was good. Same when I went to my stress test. They told me to get my heart rate up to 175, and it took me 12 minutes. I had to actually Run on the treadmill. I was thinking, Cool this is good. NOT, you have to get it higher, to actually condition your heart.
The conditioning guy said this is why you see people, die, who you thought were in great shape, who run marathons etc, after they retire/quit. You have to go above and beyond what your body is used to! I dont have the time either, but I guess you have to make the time to have a chance at living to a ripe old age. I know when I get home I dont feel like jogging, or walking, anywhere but to the fridge for a cold beverage.