Anyone trying cool shirt or cooling shirt technology?

brostalss

Been doing some research for some type or kind of shirt to wear under our uniforms to keep us cool in the hot summer months.

I've come across several air wicking or compression shirts that uses your body sweat to keep you cool and dry. Others have small water lines in the shirt but require a pump so that's out of the question.

A company called Leatt on my route makes this vest that you can soak in ice water or the freezer and it says it will keep you 10° to 20° cooler. (It's $80 by the way) So they were nice enough to give me one to try out. They also have one with ice packs you freeze and works even better.
( that one is $350)

Well after about two hours I was dying and had to take it off and put it in my ice cooler. It did keep me cooler. It's a little snug but you get used to it. Really felt good to put it back on towards the end of the day for one final relief from the heat. The jury is still out on this vest but there is technology out there.

Anyone else find something like this?

browntroll

i bought 2 champions cool dry shirts which are ok, i prefer some dickies wicking shirts but the belts at work tear them
apart so easily. they do seem to help alot though

oldngray

nowhere special
29 Little Things Guys Can Do To Instantly Be More Attractive

1. Skip short-sleeve shirts and roll up your long sleeves instead.

enhanced-7115-1407519991-1.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/all-the-little-things

UPSGUY72

Been doing some research for some type or kind of shirt to wear under our uniforms to keep us cool in the hot summer months.

I've come across several air wicking or compression shirts that uses your body sweat to keep you cool and dry. Others have small water lines in the shirt but require a pump so that's out of the question.

A company called Leatt on my route makes this vest that you can soak in ice water or the freezer and it says it will keep you 10° to 20° cooler. (It's $80 by the way) So they were nice enough to give me one to try out. They also have one with ice packs you freeze and works even better.
( that one is $350)

Well after about two hours I was dying and had to take it off and put it in my ice cooler. It did keep me cooler. It's a little snug but you get used to it. Really felt good to put it back on towards the end of the day for one final relief from the heat. The jury is still out on this vest but there is technology out there.

Anyone else find something like this?

Stop wasting your money Your not going to find one that last unless the shirt has tubes in it and is hooked up to some kind of cooling system your wasting your money.

Suck it up and move on like the rest of us.

aiian

All of my undershirts are either Nike Dri-fit or Under Armour's comparible shirts.

They're definitely 'cooler' than your basic cotton Fruit of the Looms.

Overpaid Union Thug

I wear Under Armour's and Adidas moisture wicking shirts (both in the normal fit, not compression) and wear my UPS uniform shirts a size or two too big. The combination of loose clothing and those shirts has made the last two summers much easier. Tight shirts just make things worse. Cotton does too.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Box Ox

I've had good luck with Hanes Premium Slim Fit Comfortblend undershirts. 60% cotton, 40% polyester. About $20 a 4 pack at Target. I stay relatively cool and mostly dry. Will never wear 100% cotton again as it leaves me soaked. Same with the no undershirt option.

wayfair

swollen member
The climate in the area I work is too humid for one of those shirts, frog toggs, cool tie's etc...
I just use a friggin hand towel in the ice chest... 2 for a dolla