Anyone work for a ground contractor in West Palm Beach?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
From a Craig's list posting

FedEx Ground (West Palm Beach Terminal)
compensation: $625 Per Week on a W-2
employment type: full-time

CAN YOU START THIS WEEK? YOU MUST HAVE 12 MONTHS OF VERIFIABLE FULL TIME DRIVING EXPERIENCE IN THE LAST 3 YEARS....NO EXCEPTIONS.

I am a FedEx Ground Independent Contractor looking for a Full-Time driver with the following credentials:

-Must have 12 months Verifiable Commercial Driving Experience
-Must have a DOT Physical exam and up-to-date DOT Physical Card
-Must be able to pass a drug test
-Must be able to speak English (Bi-Lingual Preferred)
-Must be able to work in a team atmosphere/ enviroment
-Must have clean driving record (No tickets or accidents past 3 years)
-Must be able to pass a criminal background check
-Must be clean cut and well groomed
-This is a local run driving upwards of 100 miles per day in Palm Beach County
-This is a Monday-Friday (Full-Time) position. Weekends OFF UNTIL PEAK SEASON
-This is a working/ driving position. Meaning, you will be required to drive and deliver packages to our FedEx Customers out of a P700 or P1000 FedEx Ground Step-Van
-PLEASE REPLY WITH RESUME

Pay is a bit low for ground, even for home delivery as well.

but I guess the standard of living down thurr is lower than the rest of the country... plus no snow.

Peak season starts early this year 6-day work week starting November 20 so add another $125 to that sweet paycheck, before taxes.

Kinda shady that they want you to possess a DOT card... if u don't have one, ask if they pay for u to get one. If they say it'll be your responsibility, walk out an be an Amazonian driver or UPS PVD driver instead

Background check will take a week so get there and hopefully your contractor show you the operation before you can decide if it's worth it or go the UPS PVD route

2 other posting on the same site may offer better pay, but I think they're HD, since they are talking about stop pay above 100 threshold as bonus. U like B2B plus pickups? Or mainly residential drop n run stops?

Last edited:

bacha29

Pay is a bit low for ground, even for home delivery as well.

but I guess the standard of living down thurr is lower than the rest of the country... plus no snow.

Peak season starts early this year 6-day work week starting November 20 so add another $125 to that sweet paycheck, before taxes.

Kinda shady that they want you to possess a DOT card... if u don't have one, ask if they pay for u to get one. If they say it'll be your responsibility, walk out an be an Amazonian driver or UPS PVD driver instead

Background check will take a week so get there and hopefully your contractor show you the operation before you can decide if it's worth it or go the UPS PVD route

2 other posting on the same site may offer better pay, but I think they're HD, since they are talking about stop pay above 100 threshold as bonus. U like B2B plus pickups? Or mainly residential drop n run stops?
Transitional employment. The job between jobs. Not to mention a huge disparity between the value offered and the value demanded in return. This job falls into the usual Ground/HD pay scale. $11-12 per hour all straight time zero benefits.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Transitional employment. The job between jobs. Not to mention a huge disparity between the value offered and the value demanded in return. This job falls into the usual Ground/HD pay scale. $11-12 per hour all straight time zero benefits.
I'd be embarrassed to offer that crappy of a wage.

OrioN

Clean cut and well groomed costs more than $625 a week.
Ha ha, I missed that part of the job requirements

If I "clean plate" on my route (no bringing back send agains) , I'll skip a bath and wear the same undies!

I save precious water and will smell better for the dogs on my route the following day to sniff my bum & recognize me as their butt buddy: win-win

OrioN

The pay is chicken feed and those benefits....oh wait, never mind.

If you're HD, u have that option to go straight home (if you're on the same route everyday)

Rarely any time commits is another plus

Main thing is don't hit nuthin or run over pedestrians